Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know who I am? (long conversation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bliss View Post
    ... I think Geek King (self proclaimed btw!)
    Hang on now...I didn't quite just name myself. Way back in the early days of CS (Pre-Raps running it) I worked as a software tester for a large government contractor. I was sort of named by a co-worker who was asking me the usual questions the new guy gets--What did I study in school/what do I do for fun/what kind of movies do you watch/Favorite TV show/Flight speed of an unladen swallow--that kind of thing. My answers amused him, and he exclaimed, "Jeez, you're like the king of the geeks or something! Don't you do anything normal?"

I just found it funny, and Geek King sounded like a good handle at the time. I just kept it when I found out the site had opened back up under Raps' guidence. I make no (serious) claims to geek royalty, and have no control over those claiming the term geek for themselves.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Reminds me of a piece of work (possible identity thief) who tried to acquire a copy of her return without an ID (necessary protective measure).

POW: Don't you know who I am?!
      ME: Yes, an individual trying and failing miserably to acquire a return without an ID.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        Do you know who I am?

The slayer of cows?
        The enchanter of Babylon?
        The left elbow of Ragnaros?
        The Ice Princess?

I sense a warcraft geek...
        ARCANITE REAPER HO!
        "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          Flight speed of an unladen swallow
          African or European?
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
            or that Toronto is bad all together.
            "So many sex stores, so little time..."

A comment I made to The Gatekeeper when she asked how I liked my stay there.

Rapscallion

Comment

Ha!

That's amazing. You just have to love it when someone gets slammed by their own snotty, bratty words.
              "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck." - Doctor Who

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
                Even at a second-rate school like U of Windsor, I can't throw a rock without hitting one, and it makes me sad.
                Why would that make you sad? Sounds like you have phenomenal aim. Keep throwing those rocks at those entitlement whores!

In other news, the best answer I could have thought of that would have owned the SC and been accurate would have gone something like this:

SC: "Do you know who I am?"
                JESTER: "Yes, you are SC, your in room XX, and your roommate is T."
                SC: "No, I meant, do you know who my father is?"
                JESTER: "I would say he is the father of the person who is not getting the Blankey Room tonight, since it's already booked."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Do you know who my father is?

If you don't know, I would say you have an issue with your mother, not me.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Mordecai View Post
                    Great story. The title reminded me of Eddie Izzard's bit about the Star Wars Cantina.

Vader: "Do you know who I am?"
                    Cantina employee: "Do you know who I am?"
                    Vader: "This is not a game of 'Who the Fuck are You?'!"
                    I love that bit.
                    Vader: "I am your boss."
                    CE: "You're Mister Stevens?"
                    V: "No, no, I'm Vader, Darth Vader, Lord Darth Vader."
                    CE: "You're Jeff Vader?"
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                    X