X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
    That would be Matthew 5:42.
    Matthew 5:42 says "Give to the one who asks you, and do not t urn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

However, that can be taken COMPLETELY out of context. It's in a passage discussing an eye for an eye - basically, if someone wants something from you, give him(her) that and something else.

Luke 10:7 also says "the worker deserves his wages".

2 Chronicles 34:10 - " Then they entrusted it to the men appointed to supervise the work on the LORD's temple. These men paid the workers who repaired and restored the temple."

Essentially, you do work, you get paid for it. So by turning that around, if you GET a service or a product from someone, you pay them for it (after all, the pay has to come from somewhere, right?)

As a Christian, I take offense to people who attempt to use their faith as a label to get what they want. Just know that there are a lot of very loving Christians out there - I know quite a few of them - who are accepting and wonderful.
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

I thought the obvious quote would be that you should render up to Caesar that which is Caesar's etc.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        I thought the obvious quote would be that you should render up to Caesar that which is Caesar's etc.
        It's obvious, but too many people are aware that that's about taxation, and was an attempt to get Jesus in trouble with the Romans.

To rebut the 'it's unChristian to ask for payment for services rendered', it's more appropriate (IMO) to use the ones where Jesus himself, and St Paul in his letters, specifically said to pay people for their work.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          Thou shall NOT piss off the customer service worker who's only doing their job & who could care less if you're pagan, gothic or Christian. Can we get an Amen?.....LOL.
          I think you're preaching to the choir . . .

I will, however, be glad to shout out a "Brother Ben shot a rooster and killed a Hen."

That was a saying from my late grandmother, if anyone is wondering.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth TWOLF View Post
            This is meant as no disrespect towards anyone, but I've found that people from the south will end the call with Jesus loves you or God Bless you. I don't know why it is.
            Two words, TWOLF... Bible Belt.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

yah some times you gotta pick your battles with the whole pagan thing. i have to bite my tounge alot.

occasionally it will escape, take the other day,

i was checking out this young lady, who was asking me random questions as i was putting together her paper work. she asks me about job opportunities at the company i work for, and i direct her to human resources. at the end of the conversation she thanks me and hands me some christian type handout. i tell her im pagan but thank her anyway and hope she has a good day, she gets disgusted look on her face and walks away.

i wonder if she is going to apply

at least i dont have to worry about my coworkers as much, they (most of them that is are self described "jesus freaks" and wear pins on their lanyards to denote them selfs as such. they seemed alittle shocked at first when i told them but for the most part they will ask me random questions about it or if they say some random potentially offensive comment (about pagans or other groups such as homosexuals which our manager is, or ethnic groups) i quietly remind them that maybe they need to rethink their wording, werid how they dont really say anything about females considering i work in an auto shop and only till recently was the only female amongst them (we have another woman but shes only there one day a week)

one cool thing about being the only pagan in the group is that my manager is very pagan sensitive (he has not said he is as of yet) he does give me the pagan holidays off with out me asking for them, this is a big change from people letting me go as soon as they find out (yah never have your name in the paper in reguards to a pagan event when you first start a job)
              "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                I think you're preaching to the choir . . .

I will, however, be glad to shout out a "Brother Ben shot a rooster and killed a Hen."

That was a saying from my late grandmother, if anyone is wondering.
                Maybe I'm just clueless on this one, but what's that supposed to mean? I've never heard it before.
                Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Working...
                X