This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have YOU been smoking?

I haven't been around lately...I actually haven't had that many sucky customers for some reason. I guess I should be thankful for that. Today's story isn't even mine, actually. On we go.

So my mom works at the same gas station I do, and she related this story to me, after we got notes in with our checks about how some woman calling to investigate a debit card purchase said she would never shop there again, because the cashiers were so rude.

The lady comes in, raving about this debit card purchase that was at our store that she SWEARS she didn't make, because she never shops there. She demands that my mom reverse the transaction.

Mom: Well, if you could give me your card number--
    Woman: YOU'RE F***ING STUPID IF YOU THINK I'M GIVING YOU MY CARD NUMBER!!!
    Mom: Well I only need the last four num--
    Woman: I WANT THIS TRANSACTION REVERSED! I never shop here, I KNOW I didn't make this purchase!!!
    Mom: *writes down number for main office* The best thing you can do is call this number and see if they can help you.
    Woman: I WANT THIS CHARGE TAKEN OFF.
    Mom: Then you need to call this number and see if they can help you.
    Woman: *Takes paper, storms out*

After we got that note, I talked to one of the higher-ranking people, and he tells me he dealt with the woman...apparently she called the number mom gave her and they forwarded her to him. He said she was irate and bitchy with him, and come to find out, the charge wasn't even at our store. It was at another Chevron about four miles away. And she was soooo upset about $5.50.

Mom called the main office to talk to the owner or the lady in the office that basically runs things. We get these notes often, but we don't get enough info to know what particular incident is being referenced, but the "Lady called to investigate a debit card purchase" gave it away. The owner's apparently the one who put the note in there. Mom talked to the lady in the office, she knew nothing about the note, but she said if she had been in Mom's place, she would have said a whole lot more than Mom did. I KNOW I would've said a lot more, as soon as the "You're f***ing stupid if" came out of her mouth.

I don't understand why the employers just send us those notes...I wish they'd call and ASK us, because usually when someone calls and complains about us being rude, it's something like that where the customer has gotten mean or hateful with us. I guess it's that whole "customer is always right" crap.
    Last edited by seeress_83; 09-16-2007, 05:33 PM.
    *~Seeress~*
    My MySpace
    Ours is not a lost generation...we know exactly where we are. We just have no idea how fast we're going!

Because notes let them be passive aggressive and blame you without blaming you...

hehe...You were editing your post while I was reading it. I wanted to quote the last line about "why can't people deal with stuff calmly?" which was on my screen, but when I hit the quote button it wasn't there anymore and I was all

(And I was going to say, dealing with things calmly is not nearly so satisfying as stomping off in a rage. Besides, what would all the doctors do without our collective high blood pressure and stress disorders to treat? )
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

So how did she expect you to help her if she wasn't going to give you the card number? Did she think it was gonna come out your ass & POOF! problem solved?
      You have to wonder about people who get a hissy fit about stupid shit. When I was a cashier at Wal-Mart I'd get pissed off people who as soon as they started yelling at me then I'd get on the defensive. & once I get like that then I couldn't care about your fucking dip shit problem! Go take your nasty ass to customer service where it belongs! ooooooooooooooooh! I wish I REALLY could have said all that to a customer.....lol.

Comment

You know, why can't some people try the smart route which is CALL THEIR BANK instead of attacking people? I have had 2 charges on my account which totaled like $80. I CALLED my bank and told them about unauthorized charges to my account. Bam, they are reversed, I didn't insult, threaten anybody and my account is now fine. Too bad this idiot woman didn't think of that before attacking a person who had NOTHING to do with the charge to her account.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          Did she think it was gonna come out your ass & POOF! problem solved?
          Ah, yes, the long lost "Ass poof problem solving technique". Strong, this one is, ancient Chinese secret...
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Ah, yes, the long lost "Ass poof problem solving technique". Strong, this one is, ancient Chinese secret...
            That would be Calgon . . .

Seriously, that woman needs surgery to correct her obvious Cranial-Rectal Inversion.

Who's got the wrench?
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
              You know, why can't some people try the smart route which is CALL THEIR BANK instead of attacking people? I have had 2 charges on my account which totaled like $80. I CALLED my bank and told them about unauthorized charges to my account. Bam, they are reversed, I didn't insult, threaten anybody and my account is now fine. Too bad this idiot woman didn't think of that before attacking a person who had NOTHING to do with the charge to her account.
              Because that would make sense! I had a charge on my Am Ex for $221 from some cable co. in St. Louis (I am in NJ) - called them up, said it wasn't my charge, they credited me while they investigate, and gave me a new card with a new number (at my request) - just in case. I'm still waiting for the outcome to see what happened, but i'm guessing that maybe someone transposed a number while making a payment...if someone had actually gotten my cc #, i think they'd be more likely to go on a shoppping spree than pay the cable bill!

Comment

Working...
              X