This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need glasses!?

Okay, there are these little receipt looking papers that the players club gives the members so that we can cash their points out. It only has their name on it and their account numbers. We require a picture ID because we need to verify that it is really them.

The SC puts down the receipt looking paper in front of me.

Me: May I see your ID too please? (I say with a smile)

SC: (does that ugly sigh that they all do) But I just showed them!

Me: I have to make sure you're you. It's policy.

She holds her ID (still in the wallet compartment) where I couldn't see anything. I even tried to peer closer but the bars were blocking her name.

Me: I'm sorry. I can't see it.

She gets really bitchy and says:

SC: Do you need glasses!?

I wanted to say no... You evil bitch, I just can't see twenty billion feet away with small writing!

Me: .....

I didn't know what to say, so I pulled out my nicest retail smile and gave her the money (which I dug for the crappiest ones I had-- its the only revenge I can get thats not harming them) and told her to have a nice day.

That is the rudest thing I've ever witnessed. I wanted to be a jerk but I was trying to kill her with kindness. And its my job to take their crap anyway. But why would you say that??

Maybe it wasn't her ID after all? That might explain her not wanting to show it properly. But if it was, she probably thought her time was too important to waste on petty things like, umm, letting you do your job.

Comment

Because she's a self-entitled cow.

Not a customer, but I was once barged into by an elderly man who shouted 'watch where you're going, four-eyed bi**h' at me, when it was him who bumped into me.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

*Sarcasm On*
        Clearly, you should have seen it was her when showed the first person the ID

*Sarcasm Off*

She was a bitch.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I would have insisted that she take out her ID where it could be seen clearly. So if she were to have had a fit about that...well...it sucks to be her....lol.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            Because she's a self-entitled cow.

Not a customer, but I was once barged into by an elderly man who shouted 'watch where you're going, four-eyed bi**h' at me, when it was him who bumped into me.
            Ugh, I wear glasses too and I have had this said to me. I just laughed about it at first because I was so stunned, then I said "Thanks for taking me back to, like, third grade. Wow!" It amazes me that adults can still pull out the four eyes like it's actually going to sting when said. It just makes them look stupid.

Comment

I've had people say stuff like this to me before. I just put both hands on the counter, look them dead in the eyes (I have a hard, arresting stare.), and say, "No. I don't." This delivered in a tone that says "Say something else. I dare you."

I've never had someone not back down when I did this.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                "Oh, man, did I forget to put them on today? How many cars did I destroy on my way to work today?"

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                'watch where you're going, four-eyed bi**h'
                "If I didn't have four eyes, I'd have run into you harder, dumbass."
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                  "No, but I do have two glass eyes."

Seriously, you say that to someone and then you can HEAR their brain start boiling while it processes.
                  "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                    "No, but I do have two glass eyes."

Seriously, you say that to someone and then you can HEAR their brain start boiling while it processes.
                    WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I like that one!!!!!
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Am I them?

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      I would have insisted that she take out her ID where it could be seen clearly. So if she were to have had a fit about that...well...it sucks to be her....lol.
                      Me too. Most wallets don't have a large enough window to be able to see the entire ID. I'd say "I'm sorry but I need you to take it out, please. I can't read it from here." Then I'd give her the crappiest cash I had.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've waited for some customer to pry their ID out of that little compartment in their wallet (hell, I've done it myself with my own purse). I know what a pain it can be (the woman should have still done it though, instead of throwing a hissy fit like a 2 year old) but, alas, I've learned NOT to use that particular compartment and placed it in a more accessible area. . .
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                          I agree...the pissier the cusstomer gets, the tighter the rules get followed.

(and no, I did not misspell "cusstomer")
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                            Okay, there are these little receipt looking papers that the players club gives the members so that we can cash their points out. It only has their name on it and their account numbers. We require a picture ID because we need to verify that it is really them.

The SC puts down the receipt looking paper in front of me.

Me: May I see your ID too please? (I say with a smile)

Me: I have to make sure you're you. It's policy.

She holds her ID (still in the wallet compartment) where I couldn't see anything. I even tried to peer closer but the bars were blocking her name.

Me: I'm sorry. I can't see it.

She gets really bitchy and says:

I wanted to say no... You evil bitch, I just can't see twenty billion feet away with small writing!

Me: .....

I didn't know what to say, so I pulled out my nicest retail smile and gave her the money (which I dug for the crappiest ones I had-- its the only revenge I can get thats not harming them) and told her to have a nice day.

That is the rudest thing I've ever witnessed. I wanted to be a jerk but I was trying to kill her with kindness. And its my job to take their crap anyway. But why would you say that??

Mine went like this:

M: me, duh.. very happy go lucky and overwhelmingly positive... usually.
                            SC: rudejerkwad

M: -after asking for the same info like four times.- I do apologize.... I'm just... well, I haven't had a decent breakfast outside of a donut on an empty stomach.... I'm having a sugar crash... -sigh- So, we were about to book the x resort for y dat=--
                            sC: well, you must weight four hundred pounds then.
                            m: -hangs up- oops.. look, the line dropped.
                            "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Gah. The ruder people get, the less slack I'll give them. You want to be a jerk, then I'm going to be a rules gestappo. Don't like it? Then maybe you should bring your manners with you next time.

I have a wallet, and it has a little ID space. I actually keep about 6 items in there (including my ID and bank card), but the one thing that I have showing in the window is my bus pass. That's the item that I show the most often, and it doesn't matter if the edges are all cut off.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X