This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suckiness at Wal-Mart tonight

I stopped by Wal-Mart tonight to pick up a couple of snacks since I was off work today. While I was there, I decided to wander around and kill a little time. I really hadn't been window shopping in a while. It's getting time to be thinking about things like Christmas presents, birthday presents, anniversary presents, etc. So, I was just browsing to get some ideas since I've been on a tight budget the last few months, and avoiding the stores as a result.

So, I get to the Toy Dept. Yes, I like to check out the board games, video games, and creative toys from time to time just to see what's out there. I still have an inner child when I feel like letting him come out to play. I'm walking through the aisle where they have the Transformers toys, and remembering how they were so popular when I was a young child in the 80's.

That's when I see these two high school boys riding around on the handicapped scooters. One of them is also dragging a tricycle in tow, and just chiming away on the little bell. Me being who I am, I just mutter, "Dumbasses!"

They either didn't hear it or chose to ignore it because they kept going on their merry little way. That was fine by me as I went about my reminiscing about how I used to watch the Transformers, and now they're popular again because of that movie. I've not seen the movie yet, by the way.

It just really irked me that a couple of stupid teenagers were joyriding around on those scooters when they should be left available for some handicapped person who might have mobility issues. I used to get on to the joyriding teenagers when I worked at K-Mart. If they thought they were going to get away with blowing me off, then I called management on them.

So, when I decided to leave Toys, I saw the scooters and tricycle just sitting in the middle of one of the central aisles leading to the front. I don't work there, so it's not my concern. Even so, it still seems disrespectful of those teenagers, therefore I find it annoying to be a witness to such things. Don't get me wrong, there really are some sharp kids out there who will undoubtedly be a credit to the human race, but then there are those who make me shudder to think they are also a part of our future.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

That is an every day thing at Wal-mart. I work 3rd shift at one and we always have collage age kids riding around on them. Boy do they hate us, cuz we will tell them to get off and walk it up to the front and plug it back in. If they get smart with us we'll call managment and well they hate being called up front when they have a ton of stuff to do in the back as it is. And whats even worse is when we either walk with them or watch them to make sure. I've been sworen at a few times, even had to have the cops called cuz of these kids. If you wanna have a good time please do I like entertainment when I'm working but don't be stuipd about it.

Comment

From my experience shopping at WalMart at any time of day, there seems to be not enough staff and perhaps this is why this happens. In any event it is inexcusable.....

Comment

It's not the same as the scooters, but a lot of people (usually kids to mid-20 year-olds) like to hop over the locked gates at our cashlanes to avoid the difficult task of *gasp* walking around.
        I've gotten so annoyed by this I now tell people to hop back over and walk around, then remind them as they're walking through my open lane that if they trip and bust their face open we don't really enjoy having to payout lawsuits for people who hurt themselves while fooling around.
        Most people are really embarrassed and no one has complained (surprisingly) even though I'm now very stern in my statements.

Comment

Quoth Quicksilver View Post
          From my experience shopping at WalMart at any time of day, there seems to be not enough staff and perhaps this is why this happens. In any event it is inexcusable.....
          I was thinkin' the same thing . . . Wal-Mart (the one near where I live) has a tendency to understaff, so even if there are a bunch of joy riding kids on a scooter (I have yet to see one, actually, **knocks on wood**), there's not really much that can be done - considering that the staff are dealing with customers.
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
          X