This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sorianna View Post
    I accidentally called 911 once (not at a hotel, but still). I panicked, hung up, and got to panic even more when the police called me 30 seconds later, asking if I'd called 911. I explained the accident, they were like "oh, ok, not a problem" and we ended the call... then someone knocks on the door... It's the poliece (hooray for the station being two blocks away). They came in to check that nothing was going on, I explained my mistake again, and they laughed with me, and left. I guess they were really happy with the new call tracing tech they just go. It was a very eventful mistake.
    Still, that bodes well if you ever actually need the boys in blue to come bail you out of something.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      no, it wouldn't... that's the thing... she was calling from an outside line, so if she called there would be no record of it in our system (and actually with our phones it just flashes an alarm on the monitor, no noise that I'm aware of).

and yes, that is the beauty of the night audit, while I'm the only one there I am the god of that hotel...
      quoted for update, the phones now do have a really annoying beeping sound too I liked not having that. someone shoot me now
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

fun isn't it? And it's a bitch and a half to turn it off because as long as the guest is on the line talking to 911, the consol will continue to beep.

That part I figured out when I had to call 911 because I was robbed earlier this year.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

When I was a wee teen, I had a BF who's home number was X91-1XXX. And if I was feeling partiularly lazy or in a hurry to dial, and hit the "REDIAL" button, Id get routed to 911.

This caused me particular panick on a night that I wasnt supposed to be on the phone in the first place so I was hiding in my room with the cordless, and my BF and i were fighting and he kept hanging up on me, so Id hit redial. I ended up calling 911 about 3 times that night before I hung up for good. ... then the cops showed up and asked my dad to look around the house. They had gotten a call with the sound of a girl crying.....

Comment

We had a room with unsupervised kids that kept calling 911. Either they were unsupervised or their parents were idiots who couldn't keep their brats under control.

After the third or fourth prank call the 911 dispatcher called me and asked what the story was with 212 and i explained the dumbass parent situation. 15 minutes later a K9 unit shows up and heads to the room.

After that, not a peep.

Oh and our phones can be turned off but they can always call 911.

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
              We had a room with unsupervised kids that kept calling 911.
              Anyone else thinking of "The Misbehavers" (Four Rooms)??
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                Anyone else thinking of "The Misbehavers" (Four Rooms)??
                Hehe, indeed. That movie should be required viewing for anyone who enters the hotel industry...
                "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                "What IS fun to fight through?"
                "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

When I worked for the phone company . . .where I live they were just wrapping up making it possible for every land line to have the ability to call 911 even if there is no active phone line.
                  This was because people with limited income should still be able to get help/ assistance in an emergency. (and non payment turn off - prevent law suits) In other words you hook a phone up to the land line and when you pick it up you don't get a dial tone because you don't have service . . .but you dial 911 and your call will go through.

Comment

oh and on an unrelated notes, we have gotten some fun calls, I had one person agree to reserve the room only if I came with it... I think they were a former employee...
                    That reminds me of a story my (attractive) front desk supervisor told me before she was FDS. A gues called down and asked if if they provided room service. Since this is a smaller hotel (62 rooms, 3 floors) room service is not provided. The guest asked again.

"No, do you provide ROOM service?"

That's when she finally picked up on this inuendo. Needless to say she was pissed.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

yeah, i think that lady was prank calling... I think she knew damned well that there wasn't any drug activity going on in room 201 and that if she called the police she'd be charged with filing a false report but if she could get someone else to call the police then whoever it was in 201 she had a grudge against would have the hassle of the police showing up and someone else gets the blame for filing a false report... or something like that...
                      Could also be that the dealer sold her sub-standard dope.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                      X