Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You're a Sandwich Makin' HO!" (kind of long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You're a Sandwich Makin' HO!" (kind of long)

This actually happened to my co-worker, D, not me. But it's so epic that I just had to post this. This also took place around last June and I had been meaning to post it for a long time but kept getting busy or forgetting about it. So here it is...

*backstory*

I was hanging with my best friend S, who at the time also worked at Subway with me. She told me she needed to go to Subway that night to try to unplug one of the clogged sinks at our store. (she's really good at stuff like that).

I drove the both of us to Subway and I hung out while S was working on that clogged sink. My co-worker D was currently doing night shift with another worker. (forgot who and the other worker isn't essential to this story)

After a few minutes S asks me to go to the store for her to get a few things that may help to unclog that sink. (we have a grocery store right in that same stripmall that we are located at) She takes some money out of the till *since the sink fixing is a work related expense* and I'm suddenly on a "grocery store item aquire" mission.

Little did I know that right after I left to go to the store that all Hell was about to break loose.

And it did.

After my store run, as I'm driving back towards Subway I see out of the corner of my eye a car that's squeeling out of the parking lot making a whole bunch of noise and attention. At the time I didn't think much of it. The town I live in has lots of that.

I walk back into the store and this is what happened:

Apparently shortly after I left a group of customers came in and my co-worker D went up to help them. they were a group of black customers. (this comes into play later)

One of the women says she wants a Footlong "Feast." For those of you who do not know about our sandwiches, "The Feast" is the the most expensive sandwich we have along with the "Philly Cheese Steak." Both of those sandwiches are more than $10 dollars over here for a footlong.

Since this sandwich is so expensive, we let all of our customers know how much it is right away because so many idiots out there who don't read our menu boards and then end up shocked and pissed off when they hear the total of their sandwich at the register. We do this to every customer who orders a Feast or a Philly Steak.

After SC says she wants the footlong Feast, my co-worker D like she does with every other customer who orders that sandwich says "Alright, and that's a $10 dollar sandwich just to let you know."

SC: EXCUSE ME? You're just saying that cause I'm BLACK!

D: *shocked* No, we say that to every person who orders that sandwich because a lot of people don't know how expensive it is.

SC: No, you think because I'm black that I'm poor! Well guess what! I have a job at T-Mobile! Blah blah! *she whips out her check book and shows it off like some badge of honor* (all the while continues to make a big scene)

She then blurts out really loudly to D the lines: "YOU'RE A SANDWICH MAKIN' HO!!!"

D just looked at her and almost started laughing in SC's face because of how rediculous the whole situation was. SC playing the race card and causing a huge scene over a sandwich.

Right after that SC and her friends storm out of the store and that's when I heard their car squeeling out of the parking lot right as I was driving mine back towards Subway.

Later on after I was updated with this huge story by both D and my best friend S, a few cool customers come in and we decided to tell them all about what just happened. What they said afterwards gets really interesting.

After we told them, the customers said "really? that's funny because a few minutes ago I think we saw the same people who fit your descriptions sitting at one of the outside tables asking people if they had any change."

We all looked at each other and started ROFFLing on the spot.

So much for being rich and well off from that T-Mobile job. :P
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Quoth TheTigress View Post

After SC says she wants the footlong Feast, my co-worker D like she does with every other customer who orders that sandwich says "Alright, and that's a $10 dollar sandwich just to let you know."

SC: EXCUSE ME? You're just saying that cause I'm BLACK!

D: *shocked* No, we say that to every person who orders that sandwich because a lot of people don't know how expensive it is.

SC: No, you think because I'm black that I'm poor! Well guess what! I have a job at T-Mobile! Blah blah! *she whips out her check book and shows it off like some badge of honor* (all the while continues to make a big scene)

She then blurts out really loudly to D the lines: "YOU'RE A SANDWICH MAKIN' HO!!!"

D just looked at her and almost started laughing in SC's face because of how rediculous the whole situation was. SC playing the race card and causing a huge scene over a sandwich.

----SNIP-----

Later on after I was updated with this huge story by both D and my best friend S, a few cool customers come in and we decided to tell them all about what just happened. What they said afterwards gets really interesting.

After we told them, the customers said "really? that's funny because a few minutes ago I think we saw the same people who fit your descriptions sitting at one of the outside tables asking people if they had any change."

We all looked at each other and started ROFFLing on the spot.

So much for being rich and well off from that T-Mobile job. :P
    Well she's a broke T-Mobile Ho in need of a good pimp slap!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Ah yes, the race card... I got accused of enslaving black people once. I just brought up the fact that I was Irish and when my family came over to the states they worked on the railroads and probably didn't have a pot to piss in, nevermind a fancy-pants slave.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Wow, that's epically messed-up.

Yeah, lady, slavery has been illegal for over a century, and this generation is typically non-racist, so get over yourself. (Seriously, has anyone ever met someone under the age of 30 who was racist? 'Cause I haven't.)
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          Well she's a broke T-Mobile Ho in need of a good pimp slap!

Hahaha that almost had me falling out of my chair.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
            Ah yes, the race card... I got accused of enslaving black people once. I just brought up the fact that I was Irish and when my family came over to the states they worked on the railroads and probably didn't have a pot to piss in, nevermind a fancy-pants slave.
            That's an awesome comeback, I bet the look on their face after you said that was priceless.

Considering I'm 1/8th Native American I can bring up the fact that my ancestors were nearly exterminated to extinction and driven away from their land and put in reserves. (if someone were to ever play the race card to me)

Comment

I hate the race card. My black Co worker had this happen to him:

SC: What's the highest you've ever paid out?

CW: fifty-thousand.

SC: Did you call your friends after?

I would have walked away without cashing him out and have told him to go to another cashier.

Comment

i love the feast
                I order it load it up with veggies and have lunch and dinner. Here it cost about 8.50 with tax

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                  I hate the race card. My black Co worker had this happen to him:

SC: What's the highest you've ever paid out?

CW: fifty-thousand.

SC: Did you call your friends after?
                  I must be really slow tonight, but I don't get it. Forgive me.

(To mods: I'm not at all doubting any kind of suck, I just don't understand it...it's probably something totally obvious that hasn't hit me in the face yet)
                  Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Quoth Iris Kojiro View Post
                    I must be really slow tonight, but I don't get it. Forgive me.

(To mods: I'm not at all doubting any kind of suck, I just don't understand it...it's probably something totally obvious that hasn't hit me in the face yet)
                    I think(I might be wrong)that because he and his friends are black(because cs think that we can only be friends with our own color)they have not or never will see 50,000 dollars.I think thats right.
                    Last edited by candyshopgirl; 10-17-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post

Yeah, lady, slavery has been illegal for over a century, and this generation is typically non-racist, so get over yourself. (Seriously, has anyone ever met someone under the age of 30 who was racist? 'Cause I haven't.)
                      About half my school.

If you come out to a redneck area you're going to find a lot of racists under the age of 30.

Comment

That is true Its funny because one of the black university football players meet his white girlfriend for lunch in the lobby everyday. Of course you get the old farts walking by giving dirty looks but no one in my age range. I would love one of them to make a racist comments to him though.He is 395 pounds and is 6foot 10. HHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

Comment

Quoth Captain Card View Post
                          If you come out to a redneck area you're going to find a lot of racists under the age of 30.
                          I was just going to say that. Racism is alive and well in certain city neighborhoods, as well as the rural areas
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                            Not only was your...and my...family not even over here when slavery was going on, but they weren't even considered "white" when they DID come over here.

I'm not Irish, but my family is also what was considered "Black European" until well into the 1900's. Irish, Italians, Poles, Greeks, Jews, etc. Not considered white until fairly recently. And only then because of their own efforts at assimilation.

As far as my Melungeon husband goes, his "whiteness" is debatable even to this day. People just assume he's mulatto, looking at him.

So when people pull that shit with me, I really don't even want to hear it.

Comment

(Seriously, has anyone ever met someone under the age of 30 who was racist? 'Cause I haven't.)
                              Depends on what area of the country you live in, remember kids learn it from their parents etc. Also there is a new brand of racism cropping up in the U.S. don't let anyone find out you are hispanic. God forbid.

My daughter entered middle school this year. There is a larger than average population this year of kids who do not speak english. My daughter is very fair complected so most people can't immediately tell her heritage. She won't let anyone know she speaks spanish, because the first day of school they segregated all of the 'brown' skin kids and put them in ESL classes. One girl they put in the class has been here since she was 3 years old, and doesn't even remember how to speak spanish.
                              Tamezin

Comment

Working...
                              X