This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer with Rude Son

Today, a customer asked her son to move out of the bagging area so she could pack her groceries and he wouldn't move. The customer asked her son if he understood English. Her son rudely asked her if she understood Spanish. The customer decided not to accept his rude behavior but decided to hold off on the punishment until they got home.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

*facepalm*

I'd like to think that she actually INTENDS to do something when she gets home, but judging her overall effort on the basis of that one interaction, I'd say she's been playing the 'try and make friends with your kids' card for too long. You didn't say how old the kid looked, but I'd say he's been getting away with that kind of smart-mouth for way too long and will continue to do so because all Mom will ever say is 'Now that wasn't very nice,' in a weak sort of way.

I would have told him to move his sorry butt, or certain privileges would start getting revoked, depending on his most prized activities/possessions. I can think of all kinds of motivational tools for kids, and I don't even have any of my own, I'm just the oldest of a large family and babysat my own siblings and a million other kids for WAAAYYYY too long to take any kind of crap from poorly-trained youngsters.

Boy, I sound old and cranky, don't I?
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
      The customer decided not to accept his rude behavior but decided to hold off on the punishment until they got home.
      By not doing anything about it right then and there, she did accept his rude behavior.

When I was a kid, had I done anything like that I would have been cracked across the mouth right there.
      Then, I would have been informed that I lost certain privileges and/or other fun things I liked to do.
      "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Maybe she didn't want to make a scene in front of everybody.

Comment

Working...
        X