This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cry me a river

Guest: Yea Dave, we got this promotion you guys are running but it expired and we were wondering if we could still take advantage of it

Me: unfortunately, I am unable to do that, the system wont let me put it in

Guest: well thats just not right, we have been loyal customers of yours for years and we just couldnt make up our minds about our dates

Me: well we could have taken a deposit and let you pick dates later

Guest: yea but we didnt want to put down a deposit yet....we thought you would be flexible and give us more time

Me: the offer expired three weeks ago

Guest: I know that

Me: so it's expired and we cant extend it

Guest: so thats it, huh? You have just ruined our vacation. That discount was the only way we could afford this trip. I hope you're happy. I have to tell my grandchildren we cant go to the beach this summer.

Me: well I do have some properties walking distance to the beach

Guest: I am not going to come down there and stay where I cant see the ocean. We have to be right on the ocean. Can the owner be contacted to see if a special exception can me made?

Me: we dont call owners about rates

Guest: but we cant afford it without a discount

Me: I'm sorry

Guest: this is so unfair.......we deserve to be oceanfront....we always get oceanfront. There is no point in even coming if we cant be oceanfront.

Me: I did find one oceanfront that is a 2 star you can do for a lot less

Guest: 2 star? No that is just not suitable for us. We have to be 4 or 5 stars. I will not settle

Me: well ma'am we have no other options

Guest: this is not right that you're doing this to us, I am sure if you called the owner and explained the situation, he would accept a lower rate

Me: I am not calling the owner

(she got furious at this point and called me every name in the book. I let her rant for a few minutes then I just hung up on her)

Your call is a total bitch. Do you guys have "Do Not Rent" lists?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Pfft, if she INSISTS on 4 or 5 stars all the time, she can probably afford full price.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I seem to remember some quote about losing and snoozing......

Comment

Not to defend this idiot, but sometimes offers are extended. Our manager's "March Madness" special typically gets extended to April 15th.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Why do they insist on contacting the owners? The owners are not going to give a discount because you are a loyal customer, who has not paid their rent on time. Ever.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
              Pfft, if she INSISTS on 4 or 5 stars all the time, she can probably afford full price.
              That bitch is going to be *seeing* stars before long

Seriously, where I go on vacation, there aren't that many 4 or 5 star places. The only hotels I can think of in Cape May (that *might* qualify)...are the Virginian, and Congress Hall. Both are seriously nice (and seriously expensive) places. Me, I'd rather stay somewhere cheaper...and spend all my time at the beach

As to contacting the owner...why? Most of the time, the owners are all "these are the rates, don't like them? Too bad."
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                Me: I did find one oceanfront that is a 2 star you can do for a lot less

Guest: 2 star? No that is just not suitable for us. We have to be 4 or 5 stars. I will not settle
                That to me is the funniest, most EW part of the whole conversation. She cannot afford the four or five star level, but will not settle for anything less. And if she cannot have the luxury beach front property, her vacation is ruined and she will not go to the beach.

Guess the status of the beach front and luxury improvements are more important than spending time with her grandchildren.

Cry Me a River fits this topic too well!
                "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                  You have just ruined our vacation.
                  That line gets me every time!! Because of the sheer stupidity (in this case) of blaming someone else for your own lack of planning, and in other cases for getting all worked up over some piddly shit that doesn't matter (which is also blamed on someone else).

P.S. I agree with the above poster, "Cry me a river!"
                  It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth protege View Post

Seriously, where I go on vacation, there aren't that many 4 or 5 star places.
                    I live about half an hour away from The American Club, which I am certain is 4 stars, maybe 5.

Actually, I just googled it and it is 5 stars. Heh.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      Not to defend this idiot, but sometimes offers are extended. Our manager's "March Madness" special typically gets extended to April 15th.
                      That's still two weeks. VRS said it was 3 weeks expired. Not to mention demanding rather than requesting. Some SCs. Sheesh.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Hey Protege, my parents go to Cape May at least once or twice a year. They usually stay in a bed & breakfast.

I almost want to call v_r_s and bitch about something completely ridiculous and unreasonable just to hear what he sounds like. I always read his lines in a completely deadpan tone of voice.

But I wouldn't do it because a) I'm not a bitch and b) I'm not that good an actress and I would probably start laughing.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          Hey Protege, my parents go to Cape May at least once or twice a year. They usually stay in a bed & breakfast.
                          Cool! We've been staying on the same street for over 30 years, and in the same building for the past 20 or so. After so many years, you get to know people...many of whom treat their guests well.

...and now I have a need for a sandwich from the Ugly Mug...
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

She was looking to scam a cheap vacation, good to see Dave stonewalled her.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Dave stonewalls everyone...he's like the hardass manager everyone hopes is behind them when someone gets abusive. Too bad he doesn't run things there ><

Some day, I really do hope I stay at one of his properties...I always say that a place has to royally fark up before I complain, since I'm a fairly "zen" kind of guy He sounds like he could use a break from the assholes
                              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                              "What IS fun to fight through?"
                              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
                              X