No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are absolute demons from the darkest depths of Hell. And an invasive species that is harmful to native ones so they shouldn't even be here. I usually have a live and let live policy regarding insects but I will nuke a fire ant nest without a second thought.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
      Ya know, people that don't live where Fire Ants are just don't understand...heard a story once of someone who got "attacked" by fire ants on her, uh, lady bits...

Feet, legs, and hands are bad enough. I can't even imagine that...

For those unfamiliar...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant
      The red fire ants came into the US in the 1930s at Mobile, Alabama, and spread throughout the south. I know about them because i grew up in northern Florida.

Red imported fire ants in the United States
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
        Actual question: tips for long, solo car trips? I have a couple days on the road coming up, and while I have water, caffeine, and good music already lined up, it's more driving than I've ever really had to do before. One thing I know is going to suck is that I don't have cruise control.
        I don't know if you're travelling for business or pleasure but when I used to drive long distances (always visiting relatives, so definitely not business ) I didn't take the superhighways but rather the secondary highways and roads. It was a guarantee there'd always be somewhere to stop when I wanted to do so without having to peel off the highway, find a place ... and then find my way back to the highway.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          The red fire ants came into the US in the 1930s at Mobile, Alabama, and spread throughout the south. I know about them because i grew up in northern Florida.

Red imported fire ants in the United States
          Yes, but people in other parts of the country don't have them, and don't understand what sorts of pests they are.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
            Yes, but people in other parts of the country don't have them, and don't understand what sorts of pests they are.
            For their sake, I hope it stays that way.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Can we safely say that anything containing fire and female bodily bits is not a happy combination?

I imagine she felt something like.....
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I may have some faint inking of what that feels like... It turns out I seem to be allergic (sensitive?) to certain spermicides used on some brands of contraceptives.

Nothing kills the mood like burning pain....
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• These little bastards bite down to anchor themselves in your skin then repeatedly sting you. The pain fades relatively quickly but them the swelling and itching sets in, and that can last more than a week.

Comment

• Mother has forwarded on a Christmas card that got forgotten about. So Kuari Kaydrith's has now made it-personally I feel the customs quarantined it to remove excess glitter
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• We had a heated game of Exploding Kittens. It was down to Grandma & Tween. Grandma got the Catomic Bomb card, which lets her move all Exploding Kittens to the top. Tween just smiled & played a Skip card.

His own grandmother. Absolutely merciless.

I'm so proud.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                        Tween just smiled & played a Skip card.

His own grandmother. Absolutely merciless.

I'm so proud.
                        Made me think of this:

Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I see all these memes about people wanting to sleep for years & then climb into trees to scream like the cicadas.

I know I'm a terrible pedant but cicadas don't scream. None of the sounds they make are vocal.

This has been Nitpicky Minute with Patricia.

Comment

• Ahem... 'Nitpicky Minute'... It took me 47 seconds to read. I have been overcharged 13 seconds which I could have used in some revolutionary way to better my life. I demand them back now or I'll be seeing your manager!!

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              ... some revolutionary way to better our life...
                              OK. 13 seconds in the clothes dryer, Tumble Fluff cycle.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Hey! *pedant waves frantically* If you're going to quote me,get it right. Unless you're planning on improving my life by adding yourself to it

*if this is some sort of proposal,I still have to do some serious vetting of suitability.Tough standards to meet such as- female?breathing?healthy in mind and body?*

Comment

Working...
                                X