This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huffing at the mall

This story happened a few months ago but I never got a chance to post cause another indecent made me forget in later on. Not sure if I should post about it in this thread or not but feel free to ask what it was.

Onto the story. I work in a big chain store with a star for the logo, you should know it. So we have fitting rooms usually right behind the register at my store so it's easy to keep an eye on things back there.

It's a fairly slow night with me and Coworker J, who I love working with she's so much fun, cleaning out the fitting rooms and putting away clothing. It's so slow we have just two girls trying on pairs of our spendy jeans, my department is mostly the high priced name brand denim, so we watch them a bit but think nothing of it. After a few minutes I head back and suddenly get a big heavy smell of paint coming from the fitting rooms, like someone just opened a can of paint. We have had no work done on that fitting room, no new paint, nothing behind it, nada. I'm coughing up storm due to how strong it is, I have asthma so it's no surprise but it even hits J hard too.

We both leave and go to the register and talk it over, the rooms had never smelled like that all day and now we have two teen girls in our room. They constantly go to each others room and giggle, only half the time with a pair of the denim on. J goes back to double check and sees a security tag on the floor in their fitting room. Now we are really suspicious of the girls, so I call LP, loss prevention, on the phone. First things said is the tag on the floor but they clearly pause once we mention they may be huffing paint in the room.

After the pause they tell me to stay away and not even try to go into the room, they can't have me having an attack on the floor, but J is to go into the room and ask them about the smell. Basically hint that we know whats going on without calling them out right on the paint. I can hear the girls giggling and coughing while they denied smelling anything.

As soon as J came back out the girls followed, one bought a pair and the other held onto a pair as they walked to another department. After that a manager and LP are right in out fitting rooms and telling us to close off the rooms for a bit then open them up again. We thought they where done and gone, only for them to come back again walk around, see me and suddenly leave for half hour then fill the store with laughter as they leave.....

What makes someone think getting high is a fitting room is a good idea?

Quoth sarushippo View Post
    What makes someone think getting high is a fitting room is a good idea?
    Fixed it for you.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      Fixed it for you.
      good fix, especially considering what the morons were using.

I mean huffing itself is stupid, but on top of that they were creating a situation that made the area unhealthy - and UNSAFE - for the employees and other customers.

I can only suggest.. will the management let you call the police if it happens again? Cos no store should EVER have to put up with customers using the store for something like that.

Comment

I saw someone who had a worse idea!

I was finishing up an exam in a college linguistics class when a girl ran into the classroom saying someone was having a seizure in the ladies room. The nursing student next to me bolted out of her seat, and since I am basic first aid certified I went to see if she needed help.

In the bathroom we find a gal passed out across 3 stalls, clutching a plastic bag and a can of Dust-Off. With her pants around her ankles. Now huffing in the school bathroom is bad enough, but why would you drop trou to do it?

She came to as we were checking her pulse and ran for it. She was bigger than both of us together and we couldn't stop her, but I ran for security because I didn't want her to try to drive off.

Comment

To the OP: Did your store have a hardware department? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if they were huffing stolen paint.

Manybellsdown: Were any arrangements made for you and the nursing student when you left the exam to help with a medical emergency? Would suck if there weren't. As for why the huffer dropped trou, she probably got horny when she got high.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I heard a story, years ago, about some guys who were huffing starter fluid - then one of these rocket scientists decided to light a cigarette or joint or something. Burned up his lungs from the inside.

The incredible thing was, according to the story, he survived - though I imagine he probably wished he hadn't.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
              I heard a story, years ago, about some guys who were huffing starter fluid - then one of these rocket scientists decided to light a cigarette or joint or something. Burned up his lungs from the inside.
              Not surprised that they'd huff starting fluid - that stuff is mostly ether, which (1800s) was so well-known as a recreational drug that when a doctor demonstrated (audience at medical school) its use as a surgical anaesthetic, he added a red dye and called it by a false name to avoid being booed out of the room before he could give the demonstration. After all, people KNEW that ether was only good for getting high.

Also not surprised about the cigarette - combine the impaired judgement from a central nervous system depressant with a smoker's "I need my nicotine fix NOW" and problems are inevitable.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The incredible thing was, according to the story, he survived - though I imagine he probably wished he hadn't.
                I heard about that one. I bet he didn't stop huffing, with the excuse "Now I need it for painkillers!" Sigh.
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Oh, we were both done with the exam, but there was a lecture after. The professor was the biggest pushover so I could have left anyway, but I felt bad because most people left after the exam and he'd be lecturing to 6 people by the end.

Comment

Saw something similar on an episode of CSI Miami once. Victim was a guy who siphoned gas from boats, and as such had inhaled a lot of gasoline fumes in his time. He was killed when a spark from his cell phone lit him up from inside.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

One of the first aeronauts in a hydrogen balloon, Pilatre de Rozier, was impressing the women in the salons of Paris by taking a deep breath of hydrogen and then breathing flames. He tried a mixture with air once... and survived.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                      X