Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was today "Stupid Day" and I missed the memo?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was today "Stupid Day" and I missed the memo?

Gads we had the winners tonight.

Stupid #1

An Asian-looking woman came up to my register. I only mention the Asian part, because she and her son were speaking what appeared to be Chinese. She hands me a coupon for $4 off Clairol hair color. Okay, some customers give me their coupons before I ring them up, fine. I ring up all her items - there is no hair color in the bunch, so I had the coupon back to her. She gets irate "NO! FOUR DOLLAR!!!" I explained that she needed to actually buy the hair color to get $4 off. She doesn't understand - has to get son to translate.

Stupid #2

A young woman, maybe 18 or so, goes up to the photo kiosk, sits down, and stares at it for awhile. I ask her if she needs help. She does ..... "Does it cost to get photos here?"
    :Me thinking: Um no, we have the photo kiosk set up to give everyone in town photos.:
    I said "yes". She says okay and orders her photos and leaves. Fast forward an hour and she comes back. "Are my photos ready?" Well, I've been busy, I remember her face, but not her name. I say "What name are they under?" She says XXX whatever. I look, nothing under that name, so I tell her that. She gets snotty - "Well I'm YYY's daughter!!!!!!!!!!" Lo and behold, there are her photos under YYY name.

Stupid #3

A woman comes up to photo and asks how much are pictures. I explain that it depends on the size and number of photos she wants.
    Her: "Well I want to do a thing."
    Me: ..............
    Her: "You know, a thing, with pictures."
    Me: .............
    Her: "I want a thing with lots of pictures on the page. You know!"
    Me: "A collage?"
    Her: "YES!!!:
    Me: "Okay what size?"
    Her: "A thing!"

I walk her over to where the photo frames are and tell her to show me what size she wants. She vacillates .... "well, I like this frame, but not this one".
    Me: "Ma'am, we're not picking out a frame, I just need you to show me what size picture you would want."
    Her: "Oh!!!!"
    And from there we proceed normally.

Stupid #4 And the WORST one of the night!

I was my turn to clean the bathrooms. Oh joy.
    I gather my supplies, put up the requisite "Wet Floor" signs and venture into the men's room. Now, the men's room has ONE toilet and one urinal. I don't notice any odd smell as I walk in but Oh My Lord!!!!!!
    The toilet is COMPLETELY stopped up with poo .... as in almost overflowing. I flush once, well that ain't happening. I need a plunger. I plunged and plunged and plunged ..... for at least 5 minutes. Gagging the whole time, tears running down my face. I have to tell you, not much bothers me - I've raised kids and pets and all that comes with that, but this! This was too much!

Remember how I said I didn't notice any odd smell? That means that the smell had already dissipated. How long had this **it been there???? It had to have been a while, and yet NO ONE told anybody about the problem in the men's room. I know there were guys using it .... sheesh!

And how was your day???

You mean you didn't get the memo? Darn, we will have to check that distribution list.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      Was today "Stupid Day" and I missed the memo?
      You work in customer service. Every day is Stupid Day!!!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It was, indeed, Stupid Day today. I didn't get the memo this morning, either.
        Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Working...
        X