This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sms001 View Post
    We had three identical Tauruses in our employee lot for a good stretch; model, year, and color.
    Where I work, there are about 6 dark blue Toyota Corollas...in about a 3-block area. I don't have to worry about which one is mine. It's the dirty one...with tiny dents all over the roof and trunk
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

You guys are all talking about cars you mistook for your own now about the opposite. Back in 86 or 87, Mom, had a beautiful dark blue ford crown vic. I loved that beast.

Well one day Mom had to go shopping and part way through I got sick as a dog. So Mom cracked all the windows and let me sleep in the back seat while she finished running around and getting things.

I awoke in a crabby mood and started crying as some bags were unceremoniously dumped onto me. A lady screamed and a guy started to swear. Here was little me looking at two people I had no idea who they were. But while they screamed/swore here was Mom coming out with the help of a bagger who gave her own yell. Most likely cause she thought they were trying to take me. The bagger booked it for the store and the police were summoned.

Took about a half hour and finally me up chucking on a cop and returning crying for Mom before it was finished and Mom was able to reclaim the car and myself while the other couple were directed a row and a half away. Ironically with the same type of blanket in the back seat that had been covering me.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        6 dark blue Toyota Corollas...
        Two words: antenna toppers.

Comment

I had a different problem - my very distinctive car that I couldn't find in plain view.

I bought a station wagon - big, bright red, mag wheels, air inlets in the hood - apart from the wagon part, it looked like a big, fire-engine-red hoonmobile.

Not long after I bought it, I went out shopping one evening. Night fell while I was in the shops, so when I returned to where I thought I'd parked the car, the parking lot lights were on.

My big red car was gone... but there was an equally distinctive big orange wagon, mag wheels, air inlets, etc sitting in its place.

I walked around looking for my car for a few minutes before I realised the big orange car had the same number plate as my big red car. D'oh!

It turns out it was a 'safety colour' that makes the car easier to see after dark. Yeah it works if you know what you're looking for!

Comment

Try finding your motorcycle in a crowded parking lot full of SUVs... yup. Tiny yellow Suzuki DR-Z400 SM in the midst of a pack of monster SUVs...
            ...eight months before my bike was stolen right off my front lawn.

Comment

I've lost Bleu a handful of times now, and it's sad because her particular make and model (a Hyundai Accent) sometimes comes in a 2-door and 4-door version. I'll go up to what looks like Bleu and go "Wait a sec...what happened to the other doors?"

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                I've lost Bleu ...
                Had a car and his name was Bleu, betcha five dollars he's a good car too...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                  (Did you know that most car keys will open one in five of the same model?)
                  I seem to recall an old TV movie with the same premise. Two guys with identical cars stop at some store, come back out and accidentally get into each other's car and drive opposite directions. Hilarity ensues as Driver A tries to get Driver B's car and kids back to him, while Driver B copes with Driver A's car and Saint Bernard dog in the back seat.

Back OT, more than once I've mistaken someone else's car for mine. I always double-check the license plate now.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

1984 *maroon* Dodge Caravan. The most ubiquitous color of the most common momvan of the decade. *sigh*

Actually, all things considered, I really liked the momvan. OK mileage, reasonably comfortable on longish road trips - it made at least 5 trips to and from Pennsic, 600 miles each way loaded with people and camping gear, and pulling a small trailer of more camping gear. Until it got forced off the road by an asshat driver it never gave us any mechanical issues, kept chugging along.

Oddly enough, we also had a 1984 Chevy S-10 we ended up naming the Zombie because parts kept falling off and getting stuck back on, but it kept chugging along until it finally died 2 years ago. I miss Zombie also
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Now I've gone and done the opposite. We couldn't find a needle for the air pump to inflate the volleyballs, and I thought I might have one in my car. So I ran out to my car, and was about to put the key in the door, when I had to stop and think, "Wait, is this my car?" I had to stare at it for a few seconds before determining yes, it was my car, I could proceed to open it. (And all the attachments from my personal air pump were gone...I am a sad kitty.)
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                      X