Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sighting... nearly gutted someone!

We were at a show this weekend and as my posts tell I've been ill for a while. A couple of friends were very supportive and got me out of the house for a change and helped me get through the day. (Background: Currently have nerve and sight problems which means I'm not as casually alert as usual)

Well we are taking to one trader in front of us that we know well. There is a stream of people going behind me. One of my friends (who is a trained martial artist among other things) was crouched to my right.

Suddenly I feel cold pressure on my neck and jump a mile. Someone from directly behind me had poked both sides of my neck in fun expecting a "aggh" and nothing more.

Well before I could even think I'd already started moving my right arm backwards to connect elbow with gut and remove any immediate danger. As I did so I saw a flash of what he was wearing and realized who it was. "Poker" had been majorly ill and there was nothing to him at all... I manage to stop the blow. Friend crouched beside me has also reacted into a 'ready to attack/defend' pose and the poker apparently got a 'I'm going to die look on his face' (helped Friend was dressed as Neo. )

I turn round and say "don't do that" and apologize profusely, explaining the reasons and luckily the Poker understood and counter apologized for doing it. I said I realized he didn't mean it and usually I would have seen him and reacted before he actually touched me and not been shocked into thinking it was danger.

I am just so glad I pulled that blow there and then. I would have been devastated if he had been hurt and it would have caused a problem for people at the show.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

That's pretty bad. That's also not what "gutting someone" means... I was

Comment

Ugh, brain not working right... no I did not have a weapon on me!

I made a brain burp in a brain burp thread!

A few people I know do use "gutted" for "elbow to the abdomen" though. Sorry guys.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Elbow to the Stomach would be a gut shot; don't think I've ever heard it termed gutted before, but I don't pay attention to circles where that term would come up.

Comment

Working...
        X