This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nurian View Post
    Wise Words: If you seek a change, look within.
    One person has the power to change the universe. That person is you.

Wise Words: Understanding is a three-edged sword.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Meaning: Your understanding may not be the same as everyone else. In addition, you may not have the right conclusion. Finally, even if you gain insight, you may not be able to impart it on anyone else as they don't share your understanding.

Wise words: Don't spend so much time staring at the trees that you miss the forest.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Meaning: Don't get too caught up in small details.

Wise words: If you're going through hell, keep going.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Meaning: Difficult periods end. Just try to make it day to day.

Wise words: Show me a man that resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who's run out of good ideas.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
            Wise words: Show me a man that resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who's run out of good ideas.
            Meaning: Violence should always be your last resort.

Wise Words: "No prize is worth attaining if you can not share it."

Comment

Meaning: Don't alienate your friends as you strive for the prize; you'll need them to celebrate with later. XD

Wise Words: A friend will visit you in jail. A good friend will bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you in the cell, saying, "Damn that was a good night."
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Meaning: Best friends help you, even when what you're doing is dumb

Wise Words: Give me an army, I'll conquer a country. Give me a pen, I'll conquer the world.

Comment

Cause I like this thread

[QUOTE
                  Wise Words: Give me an army, I'll conquer a country. Give me a pen, I'll conquer the world.[/QUOTE]

Meaning: The written word lasts longer and has further reaching consequences and inspiration. And most masses of people believe what they read.

Wise Word: The grass is always greener after the rain.
                  Make a list of important things to do today.
                  At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                  Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Meaning= If you suffer the joys in life will look that much nicer. Or, sometimes the things we dislike in life, make everything else better.

Wise Worlds= Remember when climbing the ladder to success, if you fail you have to face those you stepped on.
                    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Never forget where you came from, or alienate those who try to help you on your way. It may come back to bite you later. Besides, they're not watching you to see how high you'll climb, but how far you'll fall.

Words of wisdom: Three can keep a secret if two are dead.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Meaning: No one can keep a freakin' secret. If three people know it and two of the three are dead, only then is it 'safe'.

Wise words: There's three sides to every story: His, Hers and Truth.
                        Last edited by Peppergirl; 01-25-2010, 06:30 AM.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Meaning= The complete and whole truth of a situation isn't always present in a story. Two people will tell their point of view, but in the end there is usually some sort of omission or fact change on both sides.

Wise Words= A cynic is a person searching for an honest man with a stolen lantern.
                          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X