Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've recently had to let my hopes and dreams for my future die, leaving me faced with the prospect of spending a LOT of time alone if I ever become rich.

So, I've decided on another one for my list. If/when I become rich, after doing some of the other things I mentioned, I'm going to hire a personal trainer, get myself into much better shape, and then I'm going to go to a dojo that teaches the ways of ninjutsu, so I can be one stealthy, lethal mo-fo!
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Pay off the debts of family and friends. Anonymously.

Quit my job. I may come in my last day in a limo.

Build a dream house in New Mexico, preferably someplace where the sun sets between me and the nearest town. Get a really good net connection, cable, and throw up lots of chain link fencing and "No Trespeasing" signs.

Stock up on books, comics, and DVDs
      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

When I become rich and famous...

1. I'd like to get the rest of the therapy and medicine I need. Too many years of being bullied, low self esteem, no friends.. i just want to be happy again. Although money can make me happy, it has its limits

2. I'd buy my folks a new house and get them out of the neighborhood that I grew up in, which has gone from good to bad.

3. I'd like to learn all sorts of programming, make a few apps for the iPhone and sell them all for free, then volunteer to teach others (also for free) about programming.

4. I'd like to have a huge warehouse full of arcade and pinball games from the 70's and up, have security on the premises and have it open 24/7 for anyone to play games.

5. I want to get a new car, but not a supercar or high-end model. I just want something new and reliable.

6. Probably upgrade from basic cable to premium cable

Comment

In no particular order, I would:

1. Pay off my mortgage, sell my house and buy a nice Victorian in the coolest neighborhood in the city.
          2. Hire a team of hot guys to do my yardwork.
          3. Fund a Habitat for Humanity house in a struggling neighborhood.
          4. Give a huge chunk of money to an animal sanctuary.
          5. Finally buy a really nice headstone for my parents' and brother's graves.
          6. Buy what's left of the house I grew up in (if it's still standing) and have it deconstructed, so the decent pieces can be re-used.
          7. Fund a science or history scholarship somewhere, in my brother's memory.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Why am I tempted to start singing "If I Had A Million Dollars" right now?

I don't know that I'd do much in terms of being famous. I dunno if I'd even want to be famous, given the paparazzi and stuff. Too much pressure, too much annoyingness.

Being rich, though, I could definitely do a few things with. I would pay back my parents (plus interest) for all the help they gave me with college tuition. I would give a pretty hefty amount, also, to the SBAA, to my grandparents on both sides, various cancer research facilities (I've lost both friends and family to cancer, so this is a huge one for me), and to Sweet Adelines International.

As far as the 'just for me' things, these are what I'd do:
            • Like a few others here, the first would be laser hair removal
            • The next would be to have a house custom made for me. It would be fully wheelchair accessible, with very large full bathrooms, a kitchen with low counters that aren't boob-level with me, and my own gym.
            • This gym will have equipment that is all adapted for me to use, a track, cable TV, and wicked awesome sound system.
            • Tickets to Broadway shows.
            • A few trips to places I've always wanted to go to
            • Likewise, even more trips to go visit various family members
            • My own library
            • Three words: Megacon and Metrocon
            • I would personally pay to have the following bands do shows here in Grand Junction: Enter The Haggis, Gaelic Storm, Tip The Van, and The Ten Tenors
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
            X