Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you work in retail? Do you like free or cheap stuff?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you work in retail? Do you like free or cheap stuff?

Ok so if you work at a store that is a chain and sells electronics then you may have access to different online training sites that offer freebies or at least stuff that is heavily discounted. Most of these sites work where you answer a quiz about a short article or video and accrue points. These points can then be used to purchase items in the store. Some of the sites also do monthly draws and a couple only do draws. Most of them require you to scan and send them a paystub every so many days (like 90 days or once a year). I know how this sounds but honestly these sites are legit and can have good deals.

The catch is they are mostly tech related but I find that I can just go straight to the quiz and some will let you try over and over again at the quiz so you may not even need to read the article.

So I'll start the list

Intel Retail Edge. https://retailedge.intel.com Honestly this is the best of the training sites out there, there is a ton of previous learnings for you to go ahead and do so you could get enough point to buy something right away. The store changes every month with items ranging from computer games to bikes and rafts or even tvs. There are monthly draws usually of a computer and last year they did a car. The store is completely free and you can acrue chips pretty quickly. Last year the did small draws every day during november and I won 6 video games 3 times.

Here are some of the items I've gotten from them for just a couple hours a week after the initial binge of training.

Steelseries merc gaming keyboard, razer nostromo, razer naga gaming mouse, corsair vengeance headset, and their holiday deal (which takes money) let me buy an i7 3930k for about 250 after shipping.

expertzone.microsoft.com/ This site isn't bad but I don't go there often as they don't change the store much. this site you do have to put out some cash but it always has gold membership cards in the ten dollar range, I got office professional off of them for 30 bucks and windows 7 ultimate for 20 and right nwo or just past is windows 8 for free. They have some xbox and pc games as well different computer accessories. They are worth checking out now and then.

www.retailaccess.com/ This site actually collects a few different sites together, the ones that aren't draws only are the divx, dell, and amd sites included within. The divx and dell sites don't seem to have much in there stores but the amd one is worth checking out. Now the rumours about amd may make you wonder how long the site is going to be around but I imagine it's a awhile, there aren't many learnings there as it's a new site but there are enough learnings to get a 25 dollar gift card from their store to one of several different stores or if you save enough later you can get a prepaid visa for 50 bucks. So I say at least join now take a couple hours and get a free 25 dollar gift card to one of like 8 different stores.

www.cyberscholar.com/ this one has stuff from tons of retailers but is nothing but draws so I don't go there much (I prefer guaranteed rewards). But check it out if you want.

www.hpinfolab.com/ they provide mail rebates on hp products, right now this is just printers but they've had computers in the past so who knows. also apparently there's something for music downloads as well.

www.nortonzone.com never really checked this site but apparently you can download their product for free

on.playstation.com on.playstation.ca official playstation one, actually has a lot of games and stuff, everything has a flat 10 dollar shipping fee but free aside from that. I don't have a psp or ps3 so I've never bothered with this site.

www.wduniversity.com site for western digital products stuff is free but they update the learnings slowly so you'll earn points slowly.

there is an ea one that I don't remember the name of with free video games but they don't have an agreement with my store so I can't get anything from them.

There is also a bioware one but it's us only.

All of the sites unless otherwise said do at least us and canada, outside of that you'll just have to see.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Thanks gremcint - had no idea there were such things. I'll check them out as time allows.

Comment

Working...
    X