This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer is clueless on how to leave a tip

Yesterday I had to deliver to a certain warehouse 3 times. I hate going to these places for a few reasons. First they are not the easiest places to find and I always have to search for the proper door to go into. I also have to wait around for these idiots, which is a big waste of my time. On top of that, they do not tip very well.
    This was my 3rd time there, tips had been shitty all night, and this was where I had a big wait for the customer. Called 3 times, no answer (why in the holy fuck do people have cellphones and not answer or respond back ) and I called the store. They said it was a future order and I had to wait til a certain time. So then why did they send me on the delivery so early? I stood around for 20-30 minutes waiting.
    Finally the guy comes at the promised time. I hand him the credit card slips, and he says he cannot tip me because he has no cash. I point out to him that he can leave a tip in the tip section on the merchant credit card slip. Again he says he has no cash Didn't you just hear me say you could leave a tip on your credit card, shithead? Everyone does it. He finally understands and then leaves a crummy $2 tip. Seriously, how do people not know that they can add in a tip on their credit card? I had to explain this to another customer earlier in the week too
    BTW sorry to complain about the bad tips, so just a heads up please no comments about how tipping is optional or anything like that, thanks.
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 07-01-2013, 07:34 PM.

I remember the first time I paid at a restaurant, and I didn't know how it worked. I knew I could write it in, but I thought they needed to take the card back a second time to charge the tip.

Comment

I had one cashier at a restaurant who I told twice to add in a 20% tip...and they didn't. I ended up giving them the tip in cash. I'm not sure if the person just didn't hear me or didn't want the tip put on the card and preferred cash in hand.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I'm not sure if the person just didn't hear me or didn't want the tip put on the card and preferred cash in hand.

Probably was the latter. Restaurants are notorious for not passing along tips left on a CC to the waiter.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
          BTW sorry to complain about the bad tips, so just a heads up please no comments about how tipping is optional or anything like that, thanks.
          Complain away! People who don't know how to leave a propper tip are, as far as I'm concerned, bad people.. And in my opinion tipping a delivery driver is not optional.

Comment

Quoth Nordel View Post
            People who don't know how to leave a propper tip are, as far as I'm concerned, bad people.. And in my opinion tipping a delivery driver is not optional.
            Mod hat not on yet:

Or they're not from a culture where tipping is part of the culture. Or they are from a tipping culture, but weren't taught that particular life skill - yet. Ignorance does not a bad person make.
            (Pretending to ignorance for the purpose of not paying someone's wages is another matter entirely.)

Mod hat on:

Please stick to the original poster's request and don't make this a tipping/no tipping discussion.

Information that all the long-termers here know by now, but which is always news to some:
            Some cultures include the service (eg, delivery, table service) in the price of the goods. In such cultures, tipping really is optional, and is a reward for exceptional service.
            In other cultures, service is not included in the price of the goods. In such cultures, tipping is how the service provider (delivery driver, waiter) gets their pay.
            If one wishes to discuss the pros and cons of the cultural variations; that goes to Fratching.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X