This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AngloSaxonViking View Post
    Let's ruin Easter for BOTH the lawyer AND the police officer.
    I like this idea, it will help promote reading comprehension.

Comment

Really sounds like the cop involved didn't do anything except read "insurance claim.." and went, "Meh, civil suit, fire the form letter".

Something similar happened here in WI a few years back(auto insurance fraud) and they suspended more than half of a police department while the state crime investigators came in. IIRC, the officer found guilty had to pay back his salary from his suspension date because it became his effective termination date after losing the lawsuit.

Comment

Todays update to the hell that is this claim (I'm having a crummy day gang).

Email recieved from Pig Lady last night - she wants copies of all the call transcriptions. Not a problem, happy for this to be released to her since it supports our position.

Then she goes into her second complaint. She says that the investigator we hired. She refused to meet with him after her bullshit was uncovered - now she is saying that he threatened her over the phone saying that he was an ex police officer and that he was going to the police with this matter. I forwarded this to the investgator to get his feedback - his side of it is that she asked who he worked for and he said (investigators), and that he had been contracted by (Insurer). He then told her that he was an ex-police officer and had considerable experience in insurance investigations - in other words telling her that he knows what he was doing - and that there was enough information at that stage that the insurance company COULD go to the police if we wanted. He then told her that he wanted to meet to get her side of the story, to see if she could refute the story.

On the police side of things they are sticking to their position that there is no evidance of fraud...because in her conversation with me (note: AFTER the claim was paid) she said that she was only claiming for the difference between the two amounts. So now I've got to get everything together, meet with the investigator and our internal fraud analyst on Thursday to really nail down the timeframe of everything.

This claim you guys
        How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

*hugs you* I'm sorry it's gone this badly.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Latest update

The wheels of Karma move slowly. I've spent most of the last two weeks working on a detailed timeline of exactly when emails were sent, what they said, what was said on phone calls etc, plus printing everything out and putting it into a folder - and then tagging the documents to tie back to the timeline. If anything, this further convinces me of the level of bullshite Pig Lady is trying to get past me.

Right now thats with our lovely fraud team to turn into an actual timeline using iBase, then they are going to go down to the police station and sit with the officer and point out every detail.

I've got another tale to spin for ya'll that I'll try to put up tonight.
            How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Somedays all is quiet

Other days I get updates on multiple fronts. Today was one of those days.

Two of our lovely underwriters come over to speak to me, wanting to confirm why PigLadies covers were all cancelled. I explain consisely that "well, she was full of shit".

I then explain the exact circumstances - turns out she is at (bank) with a banker and is confused about why we dont want to give her full cover anymore

There is no I in denial folks

Comment

Has there been any follow up since then?

Comment

At the moment its sitting with our fraud team (who are being pulled in multiple direction, and have recently had to replace a staff member who went to an awesome new job)

Every time I ask for an update the response is 'f*ck off!' (in a jovial, friendly way)

Comment

I guess between this clown and Mr. Wheresmycar your fraud team has it's hands full...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                      I guess between this clown and Mr. Wheresmycar your fraud team has it's hands full...
                      They shouldn't. It sounds like Timmy has done a good portion of their research for them. Of course, this comes from someone who has never had to sue anybody for anything, and has no idea what is actually involved in the process.

Comment

Quoth Mriswith View Post
                        They shouldn't. It sounds like Timmy has done a good portion of their research for them. Of course, this comes from someone who has never had to sue anybody for anything, and has no idea what is actually involved in the process.
                        He has, but then they are the ones who have to follow up with all these interesting facts only to collide with their client's warped sense of reality...

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Any more or is it over?

Comment

Quoth Sammy7s7 View Post
                              Any more or is it over?
                              We should be patient. Anything involving the law is bound to drag on for months, even years. You could find yourself sitting down and twiddling your thumbs for a long time before your day in court.

I bet that's what the OP is doing right now; sitting down, twiddling thumbs and very patiently waiting for an update while the fraud team busts their butts trying to get as much evidence and whatnot to get the cops to nail Pig Lady down.

Justice may be slow, but eventually, it does come around.
                              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

We got brought out by a larger insurer recently. Also my buddy in the Fraud team has gone to start a fraud team at a different company (very well deserved). So I suspect we wont get much further by the way of updates on this. Sorry gang.

Comment

Working...
                                X