This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saga of the Pig Lady

This one is still on going, I will do my best to obfusticate everyone involved since this is likley going to court.

Pig Lady (PL) is a high ranking lawyer (relevant). She owns a property that she rents out to Tenant (RT). RT, the animal loving person that he is, fosters a Piglet in said home (outside the terms of his rental agreement). When RT moves out, apparently there is lots of damage to the house, the carpets stink. PL then trys to get this cleaned by professionals (twice), unsuccessfully. PL then pays to have all the carpets replaced, before realising that she can actually claim some of this on insurance.

PL then calls up and speaks with Rep 1 - who tells her that, as per her policy wording, there will be multiple events and therefore multiple excesses (or deductables for you yanks). PL is unhappy with this this (as one would expect) and argues this to hell and back. Rep 1 then asks PL to sent in all her documentation and photos for our reveiw. PL obliges.

Documents are recieved from PL, showing the damage and supplying receipts for a whole range of costs, some which can be considered, some which cannot (clean up costs that are not damage etc). PL includes an email sent to the tenant (Sent on say 01/04/2013) , and says 'They just disappeared and left us completely out of pocket'

PL then calls up and speaks to Rep 2. During her conversation with Rep 2 she is again informed that we would be applying mutliple excesses - which for ease of calculation we would apply on a per room basis rather than each individual site of damage. PL is unhappy with this and then -

R2: So the tenants left, did you get to keep the bond
    PL: Yes I got the bond, but the tenants just left and didn't want to pay me anything, they just left me completely out of pocket.

(For those counting, that is now twice, once in writing and once on a recorded phone call that PL has told us the tenants left her out of pocket).

To save time, I'll sumerise the next few interactions:
    1) We agree to only 1 excess as a customer service gesture (grr)
    2) We work to resolve the issues and apply the policy wording, and the tone of her communications goes from friendly to passive agressive, and including her 'Senior Soliciter' title in the tagline.
    3) She starts to threaten us with various industry groups and working
    4) She turns into a complete bee-yotch
    5) She finally agrees to a settlement that was twice what she originally wanted, and includes a number of items from the email she sent RT.

Now the fun starts. We get in contact with RT to pursue our recovery of these costs. RT then sends us a whole email chain where he agreed to pay her back the costs she claimed

We appoint an investigator who goes out to talk to RT. He confirms the emails, the payment (including a confirmation receipt of the payment) and that PL had agreed this payment was 'full and final'. He tries to meet with PL who refuses to meet or explain the issues.

We sent PL a letter telling her why we are declining her claim. She then calls and says that she told us the whole way through of the money the tenant paid. I tell her that we have checked everything she sent us, every recording and reviewed the settlement that she has paid and she never told us that she had already been paid for it. She kicks up a huge stink and threatens to take us to court. She also says the Investigator intimidated her (Every time I've heard this excuse its been because they've been guilty)

What she doesn't know is that we are now having everything collated and we will see her in court....as the defendant on a Fraud charge (which, between recorded phone calls, all of our documentation and her additional false statement after the decline makes it a slam dunk). And, in an extra kick in the pants, because she identified herself as a senior soliciter, our in house lawyers are required to report her to the Law Society (our equivilent of the Bar)....

The amount in question by the way: less than $2000.00. For less than $2000, she is likely going to have a criminal charge, lose her job, and owe us money.
    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Well f*ck.

How shifty does she want to be?

Comment

"...lose her job...."

ianal, but depending on the circumstances, these kind of things can get lawyers/solicitors disbarred for life. Pig Lady needs to check her priorities.

Comment

Hey, Pig Lady? Yeah, shyster is not something you should try to live up to.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Wow..just wow. I have met these types of attorneys who think they are the ultimate law scholars and can do what they want, when they are glorified ambulance chasers with bad attitudes and shady dealings. Glad to see she just tanked her life for $2000.

Comment

Trying to pull the "I'm a lawyer" card on a corporation that routinely deals with lawsuits exactly like this never ends well for "I'm a lawyer" cardholder.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Trying to pull the "I'm a lawyer" card on a corporation that routinely deals with lawsuits exactly like this never ends well for "I'm a lawyer" cardholder.
              Yeah, it's all fun and games when you're trying to intimidate the minions, but then they cheat and tape the whole thing
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Man.

$2000.....I mean I'm not a high paid lawyer. But I'd imagine if I could manage to swing that without too much fumbling around, then any sort of lawyer type above the ambulance chasing variety Should be able to as well

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  "...lose her job...."

ianal, but depending on the circumstances, these kind of things can get lawyers/solicitors disbarred for life. Pig Lady needs to check her priorities.
                  Yeeeep. That's what our in house council believe is the case
                  How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Just proves you don't have to be smart - or sane - to get a law degree.

Reminds me of the JUDGE who tried to sue a dry-cleaners for $67 MILLION dollars because they lost his pants. link
                    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Pig Lady just proved the old saw, "the lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client."
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                        And, in an extra kick in the pants, because she identified herself as a senior soliciter, our in house lawyers are required to report her to the Law Society (our equivilent of the Bar)....
                        The icing on the cake - reporting her isn't retaliation on the part of your house lawyers, but action which, if they DIDN'T take it, would put THEM in jeopardy on an ethics matter.

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                        Reminds me of the JUDGE who tried to sue a dry-cleaners for $67 MILLION dollars because they lost his pants.
                        IIRC, his jacket went missing as well - he lost the suit. ANY other judge (including a '64 GTO) would be smart enough to know that a dry cleaner losing an item would be worth (at most) the replacement cost of the item.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                          Pig Lady just proved the old saw, "the lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client."
                          And a jackass for a lawyer.

Comment

Update time: I'm pissed off. Management are pissed off. Fraud Team are pissed off. Even Legal are pissed off!

Today, in the post, came a letter from the Police.

Thank you for reporting your case to the Police on [date redacted].

After looking at all of the available evidance I have decided that there is no evidance of an offence, or any evidance of an intention to defraud

If you believe that there has been a breach of conditions to your insurance agreement by the Insurer, then I suggest you take action by way of civil recourse.
                            If the mods will permit me some (censored) profanity (last word is the worst)....what the fucking hell are you fucking on you blind cunt.

1) We ARE the insurer laying the complaint.
                            2) No evidance? Aside from recorded phone calls and transcripts there of, signed and witnessed statements by the tenant, a certified copy of the deposit into her account by her tenant and a file that is literrally 3 inches thick? No evidance my arse!

Sent it to the investigator who is going to 'rattle some cages' but this reaks, absoluetly REAKS of a cop going 'eh, too hard, generic reply, lets get a donut'.
                            Last edited by TimmyHate; 04-04-2014, 01:27 AM. Reason: removed a stray question mark that changed the tone

Comment

Is there in the police letter a name, rank, and serial number? Does your state have a Police Complaints Authority? Let's ruin Easter for BOTH the lawyer AND the police officer. Doesn't matter if the police internal investigation acquits the officer - he/she wll still have an absolutely miserable time while being investigated.

Comment

Working...
                              X