This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor.WILL.LOSE.LICENSE.

"Even if your cat has been on this script for years, the fact remains we have not SEEN your cat for two years at this point. If the doctor were to just write a new script for this, the doctor could lose her license!"

Didn't mean jack to this guy! Apparently;

"We have three kids. They are our priority. Not the cat."

Well then, oh butt trucker, then maybe you should give the cat to someone who will prioritize properly and give the cat the attention and responsibility the poor thing deserves.

This was an important medication as well, it was for the cat's heart. When something like this occurs (where it is an important script), I am allowed to refill it for one month with the stipulation that if the owner wants any more after that, said owner needs to make an appointment to see the doctor for their pet to be examined.

It's not because we are money-grubbing evil capitalists trying to prey on the weak walleted masses, but because it is the law. The vet could literally have her license revoked over this, all because this guy was too cheap to want to pay for a simple exam to get the cat the medication. We need to make sure the cat hasn't deteriorated - requiring an increased dose - or has become more stable - decrease the dose! Or if there are any other problems that need addressing.

The first call ended with, "It's not a dangerous medication. Just script it out!" *click*

Oh no, that don't fly. I called him back.

I eventually got him to make an appointment, wasn't there when he came in to have it, but was told later he was peaches and pie to the vet tech doing the intake. However, when the doctor came in, he flat out refused to allow her to examine the cat, put the cat in the carrier, then stormed out.

I got a call later on requesting the cat's records be faxed to another vet.

Guess what GENIUS, they aren't going to infinitely refill a script without seeing the cat for years either!

Oh well, don't have to deal with his "priorities" anymore
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

I adopted a 2 month old male kitten in 2008. His name is Spunky.

I treat him the way I would want to be treated if I was a cat...

With lots of love.

And his health is very important to me.

If the guy's cat is not that important to him, then perhaps someone else should adopt it, and take better care of it.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-16-2015, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I wonder what the vet said to him. I bet the storming out was because the vet started by saying he wouldn't refill without exams.

Comment

So . . . he takes the time to come TO the vet, and instead of letting the vet do his job and examine the cat, he storms out, goes to another vet, pays HIM and wastes all that time . . . plus still got billed for the intake on the first visit.

This guy is STOOOPID. But he had to be right, he had to get his way. And ultimately, he did not.

They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Where is this guy so I can take the cat away? I don't have oodles of money lying around but at least I'd take the poor thing to the vet and get the care needed.

Oh, and I'd need about twenty of you guys to come with me so that I've have enough people to hold me back from killing the bastard.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
            I wonder what the vet said to him. I bet the storming out was because the vet started by saying he wouldn't refill without exams.
            Actually I know the vet, I was the one who assigned him to her. She's very level headed and patient. I warned her ahead of time that the guy had a short fuse, and doesn't see the cat as a priority. I texted her after I got out of work asking what happened. Her reply is as follows (paraphrased):

She went in and asked how he was, confirmed what he had told the vet tech, and then the guy proceeded to ask if he got this exam could he get a script with "refill as needed" on it.

She said certainly, but then warned him that even "refill as needed" scripts don't last forever. All written Rx's have an expiration date, and there is nothing she can do to circumvent that.

Guess he didn't like that answer.
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

How inconvenient these little things known as laws are to this guy. I guess he just expects the world to do whatever he pleases, rules are for the rest of us.
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
              Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                Actually I know the vet, I was the one who assigned him to her. She's very level headed and patient. I warned her ahead of time that the guy had a short fuse, and doesn't see the cat as a priority. I texted her after I got out of work asking what happened. Her reply is as follows (paraphrased):

She went in and asked how he was, confirmed what he had told the vet tech, and then the guy proceeded to ask if he got this exam could he get a script with "refill as needed" on it.

She said certainly, but then warned him that even "refill as needed" scripts don't last forever. All written Rx's have an expiration date, and there is nothing she can do to circumvent that.

Guess he didn't like that answer.
                Same for human RXs, even the "as needed" refills can't be put on auto-pilot for life. That's not just the law, it's common sense, how much you want to bet that if the cat died from the "same pills" they'd always been given, the SC would be first in line denouncing the vet for not caring and just giving them a script and making them go away and NEVER EVER SEEING THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!ELVENTY!!!!!!
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

There is one and only one Rx I can think of that can be "refill as needed" forever.

That's for prescription food (yes, there are special Rx diets you can get for your pets to help with weight management, diabetic management, hypoallergenic, urinary tract health, etc.)

Comment

There is one and only one Rx I can think of that can be "refill as needed" forever.

That's for prescription food (yes, there are special Rx diets you can get for your pets to help with weight management, diabetic management, hypoallergenic, urinary tract health, etc.)
                    I have a refill as needed rx for my aging kitty's food. I also have a scrip for her 'nasty drops' [pain meds] for her arthritis. I would *never* not get her her annual exam, I want to keep her around and as healthy as possible.

gratuitous kitty picture
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Even my husband's meds, some of which are definitely "he will be on them for life" type meds aren't refill forever.

Every 6 months or so the doctor or pharmacy will remind us that we're due a review and we have to make an appointment. We can go a little overdue, but not a lot!

Comment

With prescriptions for humans, I believe glasses prescriptions don't expire.

The cat in this story definitely deserves a better home.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          With prescriptions for humans, I believe glasses prescriptions don't expire
                          In the US, this is governed by state law. In most states the expiration period is 2 years. For contacts, it's one year. I looked up California law. The prescription for glasses must be valid for at least 2 years (with some medical exceptions), but no longer than 4 years. It's 1-2 years for contacts.

Mr. Nutrax once broke his glasses while hospitalized. I went to refill the prescription and was told it has expired. Then, an optician took a closer look. Wait! You have until midnight tonight! And they got it done.

He also had an assortment of take-them-forever prescriptions that his doc would not renew without at least an annual review. One of them, as a matter of fact, could not be renewed unless an annual blood test was done.

Comment

I've heard of people being on meds that were prescribed forever, usually it's something like insulin though.
                            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

We expect that my husband will be on metformin for a very long time, but he still has to be checked out annually.

AD, your kitty is adorable. Please give her an extra snuggle from me.
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X