The description instead of the thumbnails sounds like you don't have Aero effects enabled in Windows. It's very common upon installing a new graphics card. To enable the effects, you just have to re-run the Windows Experience Assessment tool.
1. Click the start button, then click on 'Control Panel'.
2. In the search box in the top right corner, type 'Performance'.
3. Under the first topic that comes up, 'Performance Information and Tools', click on the 'Check the Windows Experience Index' link.
4. You should be on a window entitled 'Rate and improve your computer's experience'. There should be a link near the bottom right with an Administrator symbol entitled 'Re-run the assessment'. Click on that, and that will start the assessment tool. Do not do anything with your computer while this tool is running.
5. After the assessment runs, you'll get a revised Windows Experience score, and should have your Aero effects back in Windows.
Hope this helps!
Last edited by RichS; 06-03-2012 at 07:05 PM.