Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

If you're buying car parts, know what the f#$%K you drive and want.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Cashier

Default If you're buying car parts, know what the f#$%K you drive and want.

I am amazed on a daily basis.
People come into a auto parts store and can't tell me what kind of car they drive, what engine they have or what transmission they have.
And best of all, what the hell they actually want.

I have decided that you should need a license to buy auto parts. And to gain that license you have to undergo training and pass a skills test. Now somethings we sell would not require a license, wash and wax, accessories, license plate frames and dash top Hula girls. Yes we sell those.
But if you want something that requires me to ask you what you drive you should have to provide your Tier 1 license.
And if you want anything that involves safety, i.e. brakes, you need a Tier 2 license and there should be no "give me the cheapest you got" option. Or if that is a option we should be required to record your name and vehicle info for transmission to a government database so if you are involved in a accident that can be traced to your cheap ass brakes you are automatically at fault.

In addition, car manufacturers should have to remove the "oil life" percentage or "oil life" mileage displays from cars. I get many people in that think that because their car says Zero oil life they need to add oil. Possibly leading to over filling the sump. And do they check the dip stick before hand? Of course not, hell some cars don't even have a dip stick.

Oh and one last thing. Don't rip open the fu#$king package and expect me to take it back because you bought the wrong thing. You asked for a brake light, I sold you a brake light. What you really needed was a back up light. "No I need the brake light, the white brake light in the back". SMH. All restaurants are Taco Bell.

Old 02-01-2020, 03:47 PM
Gun Pimp.

PREACH IT BROTHER!!!!!!

Hood release should have a code lock, you only get the code after passing a test.

Windage and Elevation.

Old 02-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Pune Massacreeist

But Johnny just warted them all together on his Cadillac...

Old 02-01-2020, 05:50 PM
Make the stupid stop!!!!

But I do think that the cars you're talking about all have a dip stick - behind the wheel.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:02 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
But I do think that the cars you're talking about all have a dip stick - behind the wheel.
Nope. That's a dipshit.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Other side of the m0dem

And people this freaking dumb are DRIVING!!! Kill me now.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:06 PM
Bookkeeper

I can manage to remember what I drive, but am clueless about car parts in general. This is why I do not do car stuff, but let more qualified people such as my husband or the nice guys at Pep Boys handle it.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 02-02-2020, 12:04 AM
Cashier

If your car is broken, take it to a MECHANIC, not the auto parts store.
I wish we would get rid of battery and alternator testing except for warranty claims. Code reads? Sure which one do you want to buy? Wait you want me to read the codes and then tell you what magical part, that only costs $5, will fix your POS you bought at auction or the car that you do not do maintenance on?

Stop acting so damned surprised that car parts cost real money. I don't care what they cost last time you bought it. I don't care what Walmart sells them for. Yes light bulbs come in a two pack. Yes windshield wipers are sold by the each. In case you haven't noticed you have two different sized blades.
After saying "give me the cheapest you got" don't try and justify it by telling me you are getting ready to sell the car, one, I don't believe you and two, I DON'T CARE. Thank you, have a nice day. Next customer please.

Guess what, we are not required to recite the return policy before every sale. It is posted in plain view as required by law.

Last edited by Dave in MD; 02-02-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Old 02-02-2020, 01:39 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
I can manage to remember what I drive, but am clueless about car parts in general. This is why I do not do car stuff, but let more qualified people such as my husband or the nice guys at Pep Boys handle it.
Ditto here. To avoid embarrassing myself by asking for the "Oh, you know, the whatsit ... the thingamagjig ... the ... um ..." I take my vehicle to the mechanic who was recommended to me when I moved back to My Hometown and who actually knows what he's doing.

Unlike me.

Old 02-02-2020, 02:27 PM
Gun Pimp.

Quote:
Quoth Dave in MD View Post
If your car is broken, take it to a MECHANIC, not the auto parts store.
I wish we would get rid of battery and alternator testing except for warranty claims. Code reads? Sure which one do you want to buy? Wait you want me to read the codes and then tell you what magical part, that only costs $5, will fix your POS you bought at auction or the car that you do not do maintenance on?

Stop acting so damned surprised that car parts cost real money. I don't care what they cost last time you bought it. I don't care what Walmart sells them for. Yes light bulbs come in a two pack. Yes windshield wipers are sold by the each. In case you haven't noticed you have two different sized blades.
After saying "give me the cheapest you got" don't try and justify it by telling me you are getting ready to sell the car, one, I don't believe you and two, I DON'T CARE. Thank you, have a nice day. Next customer please.

Guess what, we are not required to recite the return policy before every sale. It is posted in plain view as required by law.
LOL he's on a roll...

I get alot of it's sooooo much more for dealer parts. With a mix of whhhyyy don't have every random nut and bolt ever made for every model car going back to Dodge brothers first in stock?

Windage and Elevation.