Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 02-02-2020, 07:54 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Quote:
Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
With a mix of whhhyyy don't have every random nut and bolt ever made for every model car going back to Dodge brothers first in stock?
If you want that, buy a Mercedes. They have a policy of being able to provide every part for any Benz ever made. Sometimes it takes a long time to get them, as they may be stored overseas or might even have to be manufactured again, but they'll evidently do it!!

But you pay for that. The car, the parts, and the labor are almost always much more than the equivalents from Dodge...

Old 02-02-2020, 10:23 PM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
LOL he's on a roll...

I get alot of it's sooooo much more for dealer parts. With a mix of whhhyyy don't have every random nut and bolt ever made for every model car going back to Dodge brothers first in stock?
Rolling on.

One of my favorites is the Acura RL, I think it's the RL, that only comes with HID lights.
They buy the car knowing a headlight is out and then when I tell them the bulb is $99.99 plus tax that have a severe case of buyers remorse.

Old 02-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Assistant Manager

So much truth everywhere in this thread!

I did discount auto parts for many, many years and I'm terrified that some of the people I've met actually own tools.... because it means I share the road with cars they've 'repaired'.

I remember a scene in the movie 'Splash' (yes, long ago) that sums up some people I've met.... "I'll fix it, I'm a mechanic." And then the guy proceeds to start beating the f*** out of the outboard motor with a hammer.

Damn. I just realized how old that movie IS....

Old 02-03-2020, 11:31 PM
Gun Pimp.

Quote:
Quoth Dave in MD View Post
Rolling on.

One of my favorites is the Acura RL, I think it's the RL, that only comes with HID lights.
They buy the car knowing a headlight is out and then when I tell them the bulb is $99.99 plus tax that have a severe case of buyers remorse.
YO thous HEEDs lighs are the dopest
yea they are 109.99 plus 130 ea for the ballast.

What kind of car you have?
"red"

*cust gives life story and every detail down to the alignments of the planets when part X died. *
Fine what kind of car do you have?
a Jeep.
Want to narrow that down a bit?
huh

Oh I keep getting the wrong parts at (any/all chain parts store)
Ok last 8 of vin.
you don't need that
Yes I do.
no
yes
just it's a 15 dodge
Yea and depending on how it was made the pn changes and if you want the right part I need the vin.

$ for a key/fob
vin
WHY?
So I know what fob matches up.

oh it's $$$!!!!
Yea.

Windage and Elevation.

Old 02-03-2020, 11:55 PM
Till/horse trainer/instructor

Yeah, imagine different makes and models of car have different costs associated with any replacement parts or repairs. I have no idea how that could happen! *wants it noted that was heavily sarcastic and not genuine surprise*

I once spent the day at the mechanics when I was really young to learn basic car maintenance and things like changing a tire and basically simple stuff (that should be part of the test to get your license in the first place). He’d teach me in between customers and I’d fetch and carry.

I remember one guy going on a rant about how his girlfriend was cited a different price for a part then he was. Don’t know what the part was but considering gf was leaning against what even my ignorant ass recognized as an older model Porsche and he was driving a beat up old truck. I’d say the price was a bit different.

Why don’t they teach general maintenance in school? Like how often do you actually use the quadratic equation (despite the 4 years of being taught it), yet they consider that a “valuable life skill” over how to change your tire (so you don’t have to spend a huge amount of money to have someone do it for you or rely on the possible creep who pulls over and wants to know if you need help) or basic fist aid. I’d much rather have those skills then get another lecture on how Henry the whatsit likes to off his wives.

The previous generation seems so intent on blaming millennials for all the problems but who is the one who sets them up for failure to begin with? Short of taking out massive student loans you can’t go to school for useful things to know (vs actual career education) anymore. Gone are the days where a scholarship or grant does more then put a small dent into maybe a years tuition. Or when you could pay your student loan off by working at the same time as going to school and keeping a frugal hold of the purse strings. Is it any wonder why such ignorant self entitled idiots come from now? In a world of throw money at it they’ll figure it out magically and if not we can tell and scream like a banshee so we can at least get a discount or free stuff.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Area Manager

I completely agree that teaching first aid in schools on a mandatory basis is an excellent idea, and I'd like to add teaching sign language to the list as well.

When it comes to vehicle maintenance, though, over here in the UK car modifications are less universal, and given how stringent the MOT test is we'd rather have professionals handle anything above changing your wiper blades/tyres/light bulbs. Even then, I end up paying someone to do it; the last time I had to change a bulb on my own I had to lay on my engine to reach the light unit (the oil stain never came out of my "doing messy stuff" clothes), and the last time I tried to change a wheel I wasn't physically strong enough to both lift the wheel and control it well enough to get it on the bolts.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:33 PM
Free roaming pony

This thread has timing, not only did I just go back into retail, specifically auto parts (delivery driver, not sure if that's better or worse than counter), but we just had someone who seemed to be surprised that there's more than one model by a manufacturer and that they use more than different parts.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:18 PM
Gun Pimp.

Quote:
Quoth Javarod View Post
This thread has timing, not only did I just go back into retail, specifically auto parts (delivery driver, not sure if that's better or worse than counter), but we just had someone who seemed to be surprised that there's more than one model by a manufacturer and that they use more than different parts.
You get the shops who can only say
"what's my price"

They act like your spitting in their mothers face if you don't mark it down to cost then jacks it up to over 150% over retail.

Windage and Elevation.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:06 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
I completely agree that teaching first aid in schools on a mandatory basis is an excellent idea, and I'd like to add teaching sign language to the list as well.

and the last time I tried to change a wheel I wasn't physically strong enough to both lift the wheel and control it well enough to get it on the bolts.
First Aid would have been so handy. We did 2 lessons and didn't even learn how to do a bandage properly.

I seriously lack muscles and strength, especially when crouched down. After laughing at me trying to lift the tyre back on, mum went and found several offcuts of timber. Those offcuts stay in the boot with the spare tire incase I get a flat again. (Mum & dad insisted I knew how to change the tyres on my car before I was allowed to drive on my own. I had to take them all off one by one and put them back on. I also had to know where the jack had to be placed and to secure my car so it would roll off the jack.)

It might be worth getting a few offcuts of timber to help bring the tyres up to height without hurting yourself.

Anything mechanical beyond filling up the windscreen washer or reading the km's, I leave to dad. I can tell him about weird noises or squeaking brake pads and he either fixes it or sends me to our mechanic/family friend.
I'm not completely stupid. I can point and name some parts under the bonnet, but I have no idea how to fix or service them.

The odd occasion I've had to buy parts, I make dad or brother in law write down exactly what it is from name to part number and I also write down my make/model/year of my car, just in case.

Old 02-05-2020, 07:45 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
I seriously lack muscles and strength, especially when crouched down. After laughing at me trying to lift the tyre back on, mum went and found several offcuts of timber. Those offcuts stay in the boot with the spare tire incase I get a flat again. (Mum & dad insisted I knew how to change the tyres on my car before I was allowed to drive on my own. I had to take them all off one by one and put them back on. I also had to know where the jack had to be placed and to secure my car so it would roll off the jack.)

It might be worth getting a few offcuts of timber to help bring the tyres up to height without hurting yourself.
Unfortunately I've started developing arthritis in my hands, so even getting the nuts off would be an issue now (certainly opening the screen wash bottle is starting to become one!) I have roadside assistance cover, so if worst comes to worst someone will come out to replace it for me. I'd rather let the professionals with their massive, made for lifting small lorry jacks do the job, rather than mess around with the tiny little jack that came with my spare wheel, anyway.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.