Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCs who think they're funny (kinda long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    See, you need to change your standard greeting. Asking what brings someone to a store that only sells one thing is almost begging for some smartass response.

^-.-^
    But we DON'T sell just one thing!

Besides mattresses, we also sell bed frames/headboards, futons, pillows, and mattress pads. And then there's the people that come in looking for stuff that they THINk they can find at our store, which I'd love to be able to sell them, but I can't, because we don't carry it. Stuff like under-bed storage systems and foam mattress toppers.

So, again, the customers that give that response are being SCs! Most people have enough sense to actually tell me what they came in looking for. But every few days, I'll get a real dumb ass!
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Oh, I fully agree that anybody who gives a smart-ass response is well on their way to SC-dom.

I just do what I can to cut them off at the pass.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I get all the typical jokes from customers, though because I work at Ikea we have a few that are specific to us, too.

-Wow, this is the first time I've left here without spending over $100.
        (I don't even see how this could be funny, but I've really gotten sick of hearing it.

-Biggest sale of the day!
        (On small purchases.)

-How do you work with that smell?
        (The bistro make cinnamon buns. I realise that's not exactly a humorous comment, but hearing it all the time gets old.)

-Are you going to come over and deliver/assemble if for me?
        (*sigh*)

-You know why your breakfasts are so cheap? We have to assemble them ourselves!!! LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
        (I always die a little inside with that one.)

And the kicker...
        -*customer looks at receipt* START THE CAAAAAR!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That last one is so stupid, just hearing it makes me want to pass out and just lie on the floor twitching.

Comment

Working...
        X