Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok apparently my experience with catering isnt weird. I can't tell you how many times i had to tell women who came in at noon at subway 'No, we can't make a 6ft sub without a days notice let alone an hours. It takes all day to prep the bread. If you want we can make a platter though' and get the huffy ' well we didn't know we where getting 20 people from out of town yesterday!!'

[QUOTE FenigDurak]I'm making her costume for free. No labor cost. When she told me that she told family I could make four more costumes for them, we went and bought materials and then I told her roughly how long I thought I would have to spend on the additional costumes, then reminded her that I charge $15 an hour. Which is a bargain. Most custom costumers will charge $20 and up. She flipped out and went all Bridezilla on me[/QUOTE]

FenigDurak, gently remind your friend that, while you are being kind and generous with your time for a wedding 'GIFT' you can't be expected to do SIX outfits without re-empermissment for the hours. also that you are giving her the friend and family discount. If that doesn't work, tell her she now has to pay for the labor on the dress because you changed your mind on the wedding gift. That'll straighten her out, and she'll except your charges.... or hate you forever.... How good of a friend are we talkign about

Comment

Quoth notthecook View Post
      Anyone that is getting married this summer is getting married on 07/07/07.
      Er... my brother and his fiance are getting married 9/08/07. Though they were trying originally to get 7/07/07. And now, they're going to Vegas to get married. Cause the fiance isn't a planner-type.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Any chance I could pester you for pictures? I love, love, love men in kilts! Matter of fact, I get to look at them all day on the 19th!
        Not that I can get to. My main drive at home is out, so I have no computer, and I don't have any pics on my work system.

However, if you want someone who looks really yummy in a kilt, look up Angus from the band Brother. He's got some great calves.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Or Jennie Breeden who does the board's comic is selling a men in kilts calendar...

Or she was awhile ago
          I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Quoth notthecook View Post
            Anyone that is getting married this summer is getting married on 07/07/07.
            Gee, now why do I suspect there wasn't a similar rush on 06/06/06 last year?
            He loves the world...except for all the people.
            --Men at Work

Comment

Huhuhuhuhuh, we'we hunting sucky customas.
              Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                I'm making her costume for free. No labor cost. When she told me that she told family I could make four more costumes for them, we went and bought materials and then I told her roughly how long I thought I would have to spend on the additional costumes, then reminded her that I charge $15 an hour. Which is a bargain. Most custom costumers will charge $20 and up. She flipped out and went all Bridezilla on me.
                Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I got my dress custom made (it was a Medieval/Renaissance Wedding as well . . . whee!). Can you guess how much it cost me? After all was said and done - it cost me $1800 and about six months of work (for her) since she did it all from scratch. She did an awesome, beautiful job though.

--

Sounds like 7/7/07 will be a hellish day for anyone in the Wedding business. You have to cater to four different weddings in one night? That's insane. . .
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                  Sounds like 7/7/07 will be a hellish day for anyone in the Wedding business. You have to cater to four different weddings in one night? That's insane. . .
                  Actually, it sounds like a wonderful day to bump prices. "Sorry, but I'm going to have to hire extra staff for that day, and pay overtime, and..."

Comment

D: Wabbit Season
                    B: Duck Season
                    D: Wabbit Season
                    B: Wabbit Season
                    S: SC Season! Fire!

BLAM!

And everyone rejoiced.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
                      Or Jennie Breeden who does the board's comic is selling a men in kilts calendar...

Or she was awhile ago
                      I bought one on Saturday!

We suggested getting the gear together and doing another picture for her next calendar, since we had a few kilted blokes there at the time. ALas, no leafblower was in evidence (a prerequisite of this affair).

"How about several get on our knees and blow really hard?" I suggested. There was a moment of silence. "I could have phrased that better," I added, before confessing that perhaps I couldn't have.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        "How about several get on our knees and blow really hard?" I suggested. There was a moment of silence. "I could have phrased that better," I added, before confessing that perhaps I couldn't have.

Rapscallion
                        No... you couldn't have!
                        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Comment

Actual quote, I'm amused to say. There were better, such as the catgirl who needed a cutlass for her pirate outfit being offered one by our host. "I want to stick that in my pants," she was heard saying.

Caffeine is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            Caffeine is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Rapscallion
                            But not as much fun as a lack thereof.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                            X