Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some patterns to certain health events, such as more people have heart attacks on Mondays...

Personally I only read the obits if I know that someone died and then I look for it...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I remember to buy a Sunday paper, I read the wedding announcements to see if I recognize anyone I graduated with. Does that make me odd for being 24?
      http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Quoth moekosowl View Post
        When I remember to buy a Sunday paper, I read the wedding announcements to see if I recognize anyone I graduated with. Does that make me odd for being 24?
        I do that too! When I see a paper - which is maybe like 5 times a year..... but I've done that and I'm 25.

This lady is a real nutjob. What on earth? You were "hiding" the other deaths? Why on earth would someone do that..... you should ask her for her statistics on deaths & such - I bet she's got them.... all the way back to the 1800s..... not enough people died today! Last year 10 people died on this same day, so I can't believe there's only 3 that died this year!!

What a weirdo.

Comment

Tell her I'm sorry that I hid the bodies too well and they weren't found.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
            I can't think of anything LESS interesting to do than to scan the obits looking for people I know. Talk about morbid.
            I glance at/read the paper every day. A long time ago, I recognized a name. It was a girl I'd grown up with. Her boyfriend/whatever killed her. Oddly enough, I might still have that obit somewhere.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I read the weddings for the same reason, to see if I know anybody of which there is a chance in this small city. I read the baby ones as well to check out the names

Comment

Quoth Bluenomi View Post
                I read the weddings for the same reason, to see if I know anybody of which there is a chance in this small city.
                I check out the divorces... gee, and they always said they were such a happy couple...
                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
                X