Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some real universal sign language I bet the bitch would have understood.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      I know some real universal sign language I bet the bitch would have understood.
      Is it similar to half of a peace sign?
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Yeah, very much so. How did you guess?

Comment

If you're British, then it'd be the ass-side of the peace sign, right?

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

As an ex customer service supervisor, I would have had to back up my employee. I probably would have walked the customer out to her car and attempted to calm her down and then let the rest of the situation go.
            "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

I agree, i'd have backed up the employee if i were the manager. Taking abuse from these people has got to stop. It is NOT acceptable for a customer to act that way and they get off scott free while the employee gets in trouble. We are human beings and we have feelings, and why the hell shouldn't the customers have to respect that?
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I missed a few days online.... sorry. I agree with all of you that what I said was valid grounds for termination. However, if I ever run into that hag out on the street I could never bring myself to apologize to her, and that is part of what my manager wanted.

I should have found something more polite to say, but I'm a redheaded bitch with an evil temper. I can usually control it if someone is being horrible to me, but I have a real problem when you are being hostile towards someone who cannot defend themselves, and at the time, my CW couldn't, seeing as she didn't even know what was going on!!

I'm about to start workng at Bennigan's.... I'm sure I'll have more stories, lol.
                Insanity : a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world. - R.D. Lang

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                  Uh, they're a customer, so the most you can do is kick them out and ban them from returning. Suing is right out. And even if it was in, there's this little thing called the first amendment (or probably equivalent laws outside the states), so you wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on.
                  Er, I think you have an imperfect understanding of the first amendment.

Sure, it protects free - up to and including hate - speech, but the speech is only protected from the government. Private institutions, such as shops, can set their own rules on acceptability.

I've yet to have anyone pull the free speech bollocks on me for this site, though. Considering I'm British and the server is hosted in the UK, I don't think it would get very far

Rapscallion

Comment

Heh. Even if it was hosted in the US, the free speech/censorship thing doesn't hold water.

Unless the server is hosted by a government agency, it is private property. So if a forum owner or moderator wanted to censor your posts, that's between you and them and you either put up with it or leave.

I always laugh at "free speech" activists who think it gives them the right to ack like complete f**ktards on private property.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Indeed it doesn't become a crime - it's a civil matter, not criminal.

Is it me, or is thread drift a fascinating subject?

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                      X