This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Bartender

There is a chain pub near me which is referred to locally as "spoons" normally it's greta but there is one bartender who seems to be trying to annoy people.

These stories took place on totally seperate ocasions but are the only times i have seen her working

SB: Sucky Bartender
    ME: Guess

WHAT?

(i get to the pub with girlfriend she gets a table as i order drinks, it's a noisy night, the fact that she can't hear is not sucky)
    ME: Bottle of Magners, no ice and a WKD Blue please
    SB: What?
    ME: a bottle of Magners, no ice and a WKD Blue please
    SB: a bottle of Magners and a what?
    ME:and a WKD Blue
    SB: Not until you say please
    ME: what?
    SB: say please or i'm not serving you
    ME: plase?
    SB: See that wasn't so hard no was it?

I Haven't Got Younger
    (once again the girlfriend is sat down at a table, i'll skip the ordering part)

SB:I need to see some ID
    ME:sure (pass driving license)
    SB:85?
    ME:NO 86
    SB: I can't take this
    ME:why not it proves i'm 20
    SB:it has the wrong date on
    ME:no it says 1986
    SB:right whatever

(go back for second round of drinks)

ME:*gives order*
    SB: ID
    ME:again?
    SB: Either show me ID or get out
    ME:*gives ID*
    SB:Right *passes it back*
    ME:...
    SB:until you say thank you i'm not getting your drinks
    ME: ....

You put up with this crap!?!
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

....... oh hell no. now thats just rude. I understand them being rude if you where being nasty, but you sound like a perfectly decient customer. Some on needs to get off their high horse, or get a talking to by their boss, or maybe a customer.

Comment

I got similar attitude at a Burger King once. I went there because my daughter was supposed to be working drive-thru that night but instead this obnoxious manager was there.

Zu: me
        OM: obnoxious manager woman

OM:Welcome to BK can I take your order?
        Zu:Hi I need a number two with a coke
        OM: Oh! You mean you *want* a number two with coke?
        (Said in a condescending manner, as if she is correcting my word usage)

Seroiusly, if my daughter was not employed there at the time I would've gone off on her. I could've started by pointing out that it should be MAY I take your order. Honestly, I said need as a habit, and after a long night at work I did NEED food. She was just a nasty wench.

Comment

Good lord, have these people not heard of picking your battles?

Way to piss people off that you didn't need to, geniuses.

Comment

I had that done to me before. Friends and I went into a restaurant to order. We got sat down. They ordered and I still was trying to decide. The waiter, started in telling me that I had to order something, or to get the hell out(his exact words). Needless to say, we left. But just before we did, we talked to the manager about him.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I worked (briefly) for Spoons, and believe me, it is soul destroying. Although the bar tender was sucky, she was probably having a bad night.

The problem is that A LOT of the Spoons clientel are the underbelly of society. After twelve hour shifts of chavs and toothless hoboes yelling at you, you really begin to break down and get angry with everyone. Then theres the upper class people who expect gourmet cusine when they are paying £5.00 for two meals, and you get food thrown in your face constantly.

I used to feel sick when I had to go to work, dreading what the customers were going to be like. Thank God I got out of there, and are working for a much nicer chain that will remain nameless

Comment

What - the - hell?

The Bartender was demanding "please"s?????? Even after you'd said please twice?

And the thank you comes after she serves you.

Lamas-on-a-pogo-stick! I would have said something to the manager. Especially after the last time. It's not her job to "teach" you etiquette. It sounds like she was targetting you, maybe trying to tick you off enough so you'd cause a scene and could be removed.

Comment

What a...what's the phrase I'm looking for? Power-hungry control freak. Talk about issues.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                    I worked (briefly) for Spoons, and believe me, it is soul destroying. Although the bar tender was sucky, she was probably having a bad night.

The problem is that A LOT of the Spoons clientel are the underbelly of society. After twelve hour shifts of chavs and toothless hoboes yelling at you, you really begin to break down and get angry with everyone. Then theres the upper class people who expect gourmet cusine when they are paying £5.00 for two meals, and you get food thrown in your face constantly.

I used to feel sick when I had to go to work, dreading what the customers were going to be like. Thank God I got out of there, and are working for a much nicer chain that will remain nameless
                    I agree, it's cheap but utterly soul-less. At least you don't work there anymore
                    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

SB:until you say thank you i'm not getting your drinks
                      Um, you get a Thank You after you bring the drinks...

I had a customer try that on me once...I rang her up and after I handed back her card she said Thank You, and waited not 2 seconds for me to respond (while I was still getting her bag together and putting the receipt away) before she said "Now you say 'You're welcome'." Bitch. Gimme a chance to answer, at least, geez...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

What the hell is wrong with people?

I would have been talking to management after the second incident.

A long time ago in a gal- ... er, a long time ago, my family went out to eat and stepped into a Cocoa's. We'd been there for over 30 minutes, only half of us had our drinks, we still didn't have a full compliment of silverware, and the waiter was really snotty, like it was some posh eatery instead of a diner. We got up and left the table just before our food got there, and my mother gave the manager an earful on the way out the door.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

[QUOTE=DrinkJockey;127653] then went onto a tirade about how I should drink Miller Light..

QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOO! It's Miller LITE!!! http://www.millerlite.com/commercials.do
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                          X