This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, it is only 8:00 A.M.

Yesterday when I opened the store, I was greated by 2 customers, both regulars. One is this nice guy who is often waiting for us. The other is a rather annoying old lady. They both follow me in (it was only 3 min to open and we always let the guy in.) I put a drawer on and ring out the man.
    The woman is looking at our flier. She then asks me what a certain thing cost. I say hold on, I have unlock the doors (I leave 1 unlocked, but there is still 2 more). Two more customers come in. Wiskey Tango Foxtrot, I never get customers first thing!
    I head back to the lady and we find the tent. Then she wants to know about the plants we were selling for Mother's Day. Things like, are these plants always this green? How hardy are the plants? Lady, this is not a garden center, I don't know.
    Then she wants a money order. I print it out and she starts complain that it is to light. I know the printer needs new ink, but I can't get change the ink even if we had ink. Besides it is printed, sold and done. She keeps whining while 2 more customers are waiting behind her. GO AWAY! Finally she stops talking and I get to serve the other customers.
    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

owwwwwwwwww bad morning.

Comment

Aaargh... the first customer of the day.

For a lot of different reasons, for the last month, my first half hour was always calls about telephone service. I knew when I went into work that somewhere out there, a customer was saying, "I'm so incredibly pissed off... at precisely 9:00am, I'm going to call the cable company and go totally go ballistic on them."

I'm half asleep, trying to remember my name, getting all the software loaded, etc. The phone rings and...

Me: Hello, thank you...
      Customer: You're all of bunch of no good #$%$ and your service is @%#& and, when you get right down to it, you're a #$%$# @#$#$ @#$# and probably a @#$#@, too. You should all go straight to #$%$ and spend eternity @#$#%$# @#$# right up the @@#$#@.
      Me: Good morning to you, too. How may I help you today?

I used to dread the first call...
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
        Me: Hello, thank you...
        Customer: You're all of bunch of no good #$%$ and your service is @%#& and, when you get right down to it, you're a #$%$# @#$#$ @#$# and probably a @#$#@, too. You should all go straight to #$%$ and spend eternity @#$#%$# @#$# right up the @@#$#@.
        Me: Good morning to you, too. How may I help you today?

Another reason why I avoid answering the phone at work. Hell, I don't even like answering my cell phone half the time.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Another reason why I avoid answering the phone at work. Hell, I don't even like answering my cell phone half the time.
          And the main reason why my new job isn't "customer-facing," as we so politely put it.
          I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

TNT, works for me.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Same with me
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Heh, I start working at 6 AM (7 AM soon though) imagine those calls at 6:30. The only time we get those calls is from people who know I'm here (I'm the only one in the office that early) and it's rarely a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                X