Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't know until Monday morning at least, as I had the weekend off as did everyone in the corporate office.
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
      What's really sad is that this situation probably could have been taken care of so much easier if the SC had only been civil. I mean, you DO take back furniture that does not look good in the customer's home, right? So, she could have gotten something else?
      I most certainly hope he doesn't.

Buyer's Remorse does not equal a defect in the product. Never has, never will.

Buying furniture isn't like buying a CD rack. It costs a load of money, and the reason why furniture is showcased in show rooms is so you, the buyer, can get a good idea of what it would look like in something approximating your living quarters.

Now of course, show rooms can't nor should they simulate the lighting conditions of all houses, carpet tones, etc etc ad naseum so buyers are absolutely sure it won't 'clash', but most customers should have at the very least a semblance of an imagination and should be able to look at the couch and figure out roughly how it would look in a different lighting environment.

I say the sale is final, and the buyer has huge buyer's remorse.

Comment

But didn't she sign a paper while she was there stating that she wanted that particular couch? What a jerk. She didn't have to be such a bitch to you. I HATE it when a customer is nothing but rude and abusive and the manager wusses out and makes you feel like a piece of crap.

I hope all goes well for you and that the SC gets smacked with the bad karma that will be flying her way for that one.

Comment

I know it's not a lapdance (I'm not that kind of girl), but...

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

That really sucks that you've been fighting tihs harpy for a month and then the manager just caves. I know the type, they're all talk but they back off as soon as the customer confronts them. I had a call this morning, this guy was being an ass and wanted a credit (hello! Your account is already canceled! Just pay the final bill), pitching a fit, calling me names, the whole bit. Then of course he wanted a supervisor. My lead (next up on the food chain before my sup) is a great guy, but he's waaaay to nice to people. The first thing I said was "Do not give this guy a credit." I told him what was going on, that the charges were valid and he just wanted a credit because he felt like he deserved it, and he told me he'd take care of it. Sure enough, he credits the guy's entire freaking bill.

Keep us posted. I hope "V" sticks it to her as much as possible. The customer could have chosen a peaceful, civil resolution, but chose to be a royal pain and put you through unneeded stress. She had no right to be such a bitch, and here's hoping she gets what's coming to her.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Geez, Kus, what kind of cologne have you been wearing? Eau de Psycho? They have been coming out of the woodwork looking just for you.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Well, the furniture Kus sells is good, high quality stuff from the sounds of it, and the bigger the purchase, the bigger the SC...

I'd hate to hear the stories from realtors about SC's that suddenly want to return a house because they didn't like the color of it at night or something...

Comment

Or their furniture clashes with the paint colors of the new house.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I can't believe your manager did that. I cannot stand when managers blatantly disregard policies.

Weren't you the person who was assaulted at the furniture stores? I remember reading that series of posts and being horrified.

Comment

Quoth Knifeman View Post
                    <snip>
                    Now of course, show rooms can't nor should they simulate the lighting conditions of all houses, carpet tones, etc etc ad naseum so buyers are absolutely sure it won't 'clash', but most customers should have at the very least a semblance of an imagination and should be able to look at the couch and figure out roughly how it would look in a different lighting environment.
                    <snip>
                    This being why you often can get/borrow a swatch of the fabric or even a pillow (as my parents did with their latest furniture purchase, a giant pullout bed sofa) to take home and look at in the light. It's your responsibility, as a customer, to make sure you like something that big and expensive before you ok delivery of it.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Exactly. She could have refused the delivery on it, and that would have been okay, but because she signed for it...

I have to followup with the main office and it might take a while. The whole front half of my showroom reeks of cigarette smoke from this couch.
                      "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Ugh, now that's even worse. She frickin soils the sofa with her cig smoke, and she wants you to take it back because of her mistake? What a waste of space this woman must be. Grr.
                        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Knifeman-
                          Not sure you can actually return a house... I'll have to check on that one for ya...

Kus-
                          Jesus! So on top of the fact that this woman was a total fucktard about the whole thing, but she decided it would be okay to keep the couch in a smoky room until it got returned-and thought your company wouldn't have an issue with the smell? What a royal PITA!
                          I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                          "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                            Knifeman-
                            Not sure you can actually return a house... I'll have to check on that one for ya...
                            Somewhere, somehow, at least everything imaginable from babies born in a hospital to disposable ketchup containers were returned because a customer is insane.

Comment

Tell you what Kus,

Why don't I come to your store and kick the manager in the nuts for you?

Oh wait, that probably won't work on someone who doesn't have any.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                                Any updates? Just wondering, I love to read your train wrecks Kus!

Comment

Working...
                                X