• Show
Clear All

Quoth scroob View Post
    I came damn close to snapping a customer in half

FIXED

and ... ewww.....
    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Can cashiers get away with/ get in trouble for refusing to ring something up that has someone's slobber all over it? I've worked in the deli so long without a register that I don't know. And when I worked a register I've never had it happen to me.

And to the OP. Ewww After having a bad day, you handled that as well as I would have. Probably better, since I don't think I could have finished the transaction without yelling at her.
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Baby slobber IS not the source of peoples' powers.

Well...I hope not.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
          You may think it's on overreaction, but scroob came here to vent and get some support.
          ITA. I always get frustrated when I see one of these threads where someone complains about something a little kid did, and all the moms have to jump in and attack the original poster.

Nobody working retail should have to touch the bodily fluids of another person. Bottom line. I don't care if it's some cyoote widdle kid. It's gross and the OP should not have to put up with that.

Comment

I once asked managment if I had to accept wet money. Yeah, I find it gross also. And the answer was, yes I do.

That's when the plastic glove/bag gets involved, but only if you know it's wet beforehand
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
              hmmm.

I think this borders on overreaction.
              Definitely not. It's the same principle as when people hand you trash that they've had their mouths all over, or their dirty tissues and things of that nature.

I don't want to touch your kid's spit.

Comment

I dunno if I was allowed to, but when I worked at a family-owned (not my family) convenience store, I used to refuse slobbered on money and coupons. Some adult holding coupons in her mouth while digging through her purse...oh looks like you're paying full price. Someone tries to hand me money straight out of his kid's mouth, sorry but do you have another way to pay for that? I could probably have gotten in trouble for that, but I consider it a health hazard for me to touch someone else's bodily fluids.

Comment

It's too bad that when somebody hands you merchandise or money that's been slobbered on, you can't tell them "We have ways of dealing with people like you" and lick and drool all over their merchandise, bags, money, etc.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) ))))

Dealing with ignorant SCs is rough when you're not close to your breaking point!

Make management buy hand sanitizer/lysol spray and the next time it happens('cause you know it will!) generously apply in sight of EVERYONE, including mom & child...

Also, I'd like to point out that sometimes kids just get into stuff in the second that you aren't watching them... When I was a nanny, I spent about $50 on clothing that came off of the rack as we were passing & into baby's squishy clutches... did I mention he was a drooler? Once I realized it wasn't his bib he was playing with... into the cart it went!

The CSRs were at least sympathetic...

Comment

Here a lot of cashiers wear little white gloves. Even money that hasn't been noticably drooled on can be full of germs (maybe someone wipes his nose then takes his money out for instance). It seems, after I read this post, to be a good idea. (The gloves, not the nose wiping)
                      It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Working...
                      X