This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has That Ever Helped?

So, last night I was working and we'd just run out of ice cream. We were close to closing time and I could hear the machine beeping. Now there was no way the ice cream would cool to the point it needed to before we closed. Anyone who wanted to order we offered the scoop-style ice cream instead, with full use of the usual toppings. Now most, even though they were disappointed agreed and took the ice cream with little trouble.

Apart from Mrs Roll Eyes. She wasn't my customer...thank everything, but as I was bussing some tables she clicked me over. That enough, will get you a certain amount of contempt. So I swallow it down and go over.

MRE - Mrs Roll Eyes
    Me

Me: Hiya there, can I help you?
    MRE: I want to order desserts.
    Me: *taking out my notepad as its a fairly big table* What can I get for you?
    MRE: A children's ice cream for my daughter and *other dessert* (can't remember now)
    Me: No worries...one problem with the ice cream is that the machine has just run out, but we do have some ice cream that we can scoop for her. Same rules apply with the sweets and such.
    MRE *HUGE SIGH* Well, it'll have to do won't it?
    Me: *not really sure what to say...so I just wait while she consults the kid*
    MRE: Do you want the ice cream...you don't like this one though so do you still want some?

At this point the kid nods, showing that she really isn't that bothered at all, but the mother says nothing.

Me: So, do you want me to put it through for you?
    MRE: *doesn't look at me* Are you sure?

Kid nods again, but the mother still refuses to look my way. At which point I figure its time to walk away and just put it through the system and tell their actual server. I can't be bothered with adult sulks. Now, I go back to whatever I need to do. I'm watching as the server takes the ice cream over and the bitch does an about turn for him and full on rolls her eyes like its going out of fashion.

So I'm wondering....would being a stuck up bitch when everyone else is not bothered brought her much happiness? Will she need new eyes soon? A new head? Hopefully a new personality at the very least. What gives people the right to react that way about something that they are not even eating? Also, who creates a stink when everyone else is courteous about it as being just 'something that happens'?

maturity FTW

Comment

wait... she got real scoop icecream instead of soft-serve and was annoyed?

i'd say roll your eyes back at her

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

Seconded.

Mmm, now you're making me want a sundae. Too bad we only have Friendly's icecream in the freezer.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Isn't it bad when young kids have more maturity than their parents?

hmmmm... I believe that children are the future...

Comment

Quoth bunnyboy View Post
            Oh I don't know.

I've long held that children a lot more mature than adults. They really don't care if they get flowing or scooping ice cream. It's ice cream ya know? Yippee!

Kids, if they find some reason to be upset with you, will call you poopy-head now and then play with you five minutes later. Adults will tell you to your face everything's fine and you're still friends and bitch about you to everyone else they know.

I honestly think we get less mature as we age.

Comment

Quoth bunnyboy View Post

hmmmm... I believe that children are the future...
              No kidding. This reminds me of something that happened to me a few months back. We have two sorts of cakes, the kind we decorate in-store, and the kind that get delivered by professional decorators. Lady ordered a professional cake, but something went wacky with the fax and it didn't show up. So she's freaking PISSED. I offer to write happy birthday on one of our pre-decorated cakes. I show the cakes to her and her daughter (whom the cake was for). The kid thought the one with pink roses was perfect. Like she was super excited. But dumb bitch mom acted like your ice cream mom and tried to convince the kid it wasn't good enough.
              Also, I'd offered her cake for free. So she was getting a free cake and a happy kid, and still managed to be a bitch.

Comment

Thirded.

I can't believe she seriously rolled her eyes at getting real ice cream instead of soft-serv! That bitch ain't right in the head.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I actually prefer soft serve to "real" ice cream (BTW, soft serve is real ice cream, just prepared differently... and actually has MORE flavor than "real" ice cream because it has less air mixed in... I'll shut up before we have to take it to fratching... after all, religion isn't something to be discussed on CS )
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Belari View Post
                    Also, I'd offered her cake for free. So she was getting a free cake and a happy kid, and still managed to be a bitch.
                    Um, did she actually have any evidence she had faxed in, or is this something I can use to get free cake?

Comment

Quoth Belari View Post
                      No kidding. This reminds me of something that happened to me a few months back. We have two sorts of cakes, the kind we decorate in-store, and the kind that get delivered by professional decorators. Lady ordered a professional cake, but something went wacky with the fax and it didn't show up. So she's freaking PISSED. I offer to write happy birthday on one of our pre-decorated cakes. I show the cakes to her and her daughter (whom the cake was for). The kid thought the one with pink roses was perfect. Like she was super excited. But dumb bitch mom acted like your ice cream mom and tried to convince the kid it wasn't good enough.
                      Because the cake had nothing whatsoever to do with her kid's happiness - it had to do with one upping the other Mommies. Kid's don't care - the more frosting the better so the one with all the roses had the most frosting = happy kid.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        I actually prefer soft serve to "real" ice cream

So do I. Soft serve tastes a lot better to me.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                          Um, did she actually have any evidence she had faxed in, or is this something I can use to get free cake?
                          No we do the faxing, not the customer. They fill out an order form, we fax it, then we're supposed to wait for a return fax saying they received it. *Some*body didn't do that with her form.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                            Seconded.

Mmm, now you're making me want a sundae. Too bad we only have Friendly's icecream in the freezer.
                            *shudder* Friendly's... I love their ice cream, but I got turned off on the chain thanks to the Friendly's in Howard County, MD, where I grew up. The manager of the nearest restaurant (and apparently of a few others in the county) was known as "Mr. Friendly" to the regulars, and he had a disturbing habit of coming up to try to offer balloons to children.

Even to thirteen year olds who wanted him to JUST GO AWAY.

He bothered me and my younger sister so much that we started going to a more distant Friendly's to get away from him -- but he was AT THAT RESTAURANT THE FIRST TIME WE WENT THERE.

You just gave me flashbacks, ralerin. *shudder*
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                            X