Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is where I Break an old man's heart...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is where I Break an old man's heart...

One day this older male customer asks me where the "cholesterol free eggs" are. I point him to the EggBeaters, but he is "no I want real eggs"

I say "there is no such thing as an egg in the shell with zero cholesterol"

he goes "YES THERE ARE!!!! Those EB eggs have no cholesterol in them!!!!"

I walk to the Egglands Best eggs (all of 2 feet from where we are standing) take one off the shelf, open the carton and show him what it says inside on the nutrition information pannel. Cholesterol - 180mg

I then explain that EB eggs have LESS cholesterol then regular eggs, but its a very small amount 210 mg vs 180 mg, but they DO have cholesterol.

I SWEAR the look on his face was that of a 5 year old who just found out there was no Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy/Santa Claus.
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Awww.... sad old men makes me wanna cry. Quick! I need a old man to cry on.

(Broom? RavyenQ? Anyone?)
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Ouch... Broom doesn't quite qualify as an "old man".
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Quick! I need a old man to cry on.
        I'm available. But I better check with the Mrs. to make sure she can get salt stains out of a shirt.
        Eben56
        If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
          I then explain that EB eggs have LESS cholesterol then regular eggs.
          Actually, they don't.
          My dad was the Chief of the Bureau for the Division of Foods and Chemistry for the PA Dept. of Agriculture.
          Eggland's Best was always a hot button issue with him.
          Basically, he was in charge of all the labs whose duty is to test the claims of food distributors like Eggland's Best.
          EB eggs have no significant difference from any other egg on the market. EB eggs ARE regular eggs. The only thing that separates them is their brand name.
          Cholesterol amounts vary from egg to egg and their cholesterol ratings are within the norm. Sometimes eggs end up on the lower end of the scale so what they advertise isn't exactly false... misleading, yes... but not false. Hence my dad's beef with the company.

Same thing with yogurts like Activia. There is nothing special about it, and it doesn't have anything extra that other yogurts don't have.
          These companies simply come up with a marketing gimmick... a catchy name or claim... in order to sell more.
          "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
            Ouch... Broom doesn't quite qualify as an "old man".
            He's good at pretending. And he's older then I am so he counts as an old man. Even though RayvenQ is actually my age, I think he counts as an old man too.

Kinda in the same fashion I'm 12 (even though, chronologically I'm 22) and The SO (also 22) is 40.

Quoth Eben56 View Post
            I'm available. But I better check with the Mrs. to make sure she can get salt stains out of a shirt.
            *borrows muchly*
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

It's scary how little some people seem to know about basic nutrition. I thought it was common knowledge that cholesterol is present in ALL animal products.

Comment

You'd be surprised (or would you) about how little people know about <insert subject>.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
                X