Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope that you get something to work out for you!! And I agree..this generation just sucks..and I am part of that generation..well born in 82 so somewhere between Gen-X and millennial.

Is it wrong of me to wish that self-entitled twit actually lose her phone for good?!!

Comment

I am not sure I buy the generational thing. I can rattle off the names of several people I went to HS with who would behave exactly this way ... and I'm (AHEM!) generations away from milleni-anything.

That said, I really, really wish there was some way this entitled little, nasty lil bitch would be assured of her comeuppance.

I remember the last time I lost my cell phone and had it returned by a store worker. I threw my arms around her (I know, not cool, personal space, but I was just so damn grateful) and then a few days later brought her a gift card to a store I thought she would like (because her manager was standing right there and had already firmly ruled out cash rewards).

Comment

Quoth wordgirl View Post
        I am not sure I buy the generational thing. I can rattle off the names of several people I went to HS with who would behave exactly this way ... and I'm (AHEM!) generations away from milleni-anything.
        I think people just say "millennial" as a blanket statement about spoiled coddled people. Because look up when that generation was, there doesn't seem to be consensus as to years. (Technically I'm a millennial though I don't consider myself to be one.) So if we take it to mean "spoiled and self centered" then we can dispense with any approximation of age and go right to the point.

Anyway, I was going to ask, does anyone else think it might be good for CyberLurch to write up his own account of events? Maybe bring it in and ask to have it put in his file, or something?
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

That's pretty much Constructive Dismissal, i.e., make you not WANT to bother working there and hope you quit so you won't get Unemployment (makes their UE insurance rates go up). Talk to the Labor Board.

NAR -- In theory, yes -- but the store manglement isn't interested in the truth. They already have the story they want written down on paper. Nothing else is relevant to them.
          Last edited by EricKei; 01-02-2018, 12:50 PM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There will be glaciers in hell before I sign ANY document this company produces. I know damned well what they're trying to pull.

I don't actually want to work for them any more. Any company that pulls shit like this isn't to be trusted, and I want no part of it. But they tried to tarnish MY name, and continuing my 'employment' there is just to annoy them and let them know that I'm not going to 'just go away'. They'll have to step up and pull the trigger if they want me gone.

Comment

I still think it's a good idea to write down your version of events, nice & formal-like, then send it to your Head Office or HR or something.
              And don't forget to add in the part with the managers trying to get you to sign a "confession".
              Hey, it worked with Vinegar Boy!
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I think this brings an entirely new disastrous meaning to the phrase "the customer is always right".

What gets me in this story is Mommy filed the complaint but apparently did not berate the daughter for her carelessness in leaving the phone behind in the first place.

This is why I no longer try to help people or do a good deed. Shit like this is the end result.

Comment

Glad you have feelers out for new jobs -- This one will not bring anything but more bullshit. I can guarantee you that word has spread among management by now about you being a "thief" who "causes trouble for the entire store." GTFO of there, then talk to the Labor Board about Constructive Dismissal. They may be able to get you some compensation after the fact and, AFAIK, they're either free or "you only pay a % if we win."
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
                    Reminds me of the beginning of this "War Story". I hope you have a similar triumphant outcome, but to do so you're going to need an attorney. Alas no union is likely involved.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=166
                    Yep, that was the one that immediately came to mind: fake accusations and a company that wants the employee to sign a paper saying they take responsibility for the incident but insisting "it isn't an admission of guilt."

Like hell it isn't. Good to hear you didn't, and won't, sign it, CyberLurch.

Quoth wordgirl View Post

That said, I really, really wish there was some way this entitled little, nasty lil bitch would be assured of her comeuppance.

*snip*
                    I agree. I too am long removed from the millennial generation, and my generation was reviled also -- sometimes legitimately, but often not -- for various shortcomings, real and imagined. This particular person is a truly shitty representative of her generation, but she doesn't represent all of them.

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                    There will be glaciers in hell before I sign ANY document this company produces. I know damned well what they're trying to pull.

I don't actually want to work for them any more. Any company that pulls shit like this isn't to be trusted, and I want no part of it. But they tried to tarnish MY name, and continuing my 'employment' there is just to annoy them and let them know that I'm not going to 'just go away'. They'll have to step up and pull the trigger if they want me gone.
                    Yep. Do your damndest to leave on your terms, and not on theirs.

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                    I still think it's a good idea to write down your version of events, nice & formal-like, then send it to your Head Office or HR or something.
                    And don't forget to add in the part with the managers trying to get you to sign a "confession".
                    Hey, it worked with Vinegar Boy!
                    I agree. At least then you know you've sent them your side. What they do with it is beyond your control, of course, but ...
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                      ... my generation was reviled also -- sometimes legitimately, but often not -- for various shortcomings, real and imagined...
                      In my [mumble mumble] decades, and in reading a fair amount of history, it seems that every younger generation is the "absolute worst ever". The least responsible, the most vapid, the least interested in doing what is right, yadda yadda yadda.

It's almost enough to make me think that old fogies like me Just Don't Get It, and don't remember how idiotic they were as young people.
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        I agree. I too am long removed from the millennial generation, and my generation was reviled also...
                        Still trying to figure out exactly where that line lies. I always thought of "millennials" as people who grew up in the 90's or later -- Yet, I saw someone arguing (online) the other day that anyone younger than a Baby Boomer (born in mid-60's at the latest) qualified as "Millenial." Eh...

(I'm from the Baby Bust, which was the set just after the Boom -- when it was trendy to give people taking their babies out for a walk nasty looks for actually having the audacity to have a kid (no commentary on whether people should or should not do so, please ); pretty much the opposite of the prior group)

Comment

AIUI the generation after the Boomers is Coupland's famous "Generation X". The generation after that (born 90s and 'naughts) is the Millennials.

Comment

I think I'm just on the cusp of being called GenX (born 1979). If I could time travel...I'd give my teenage self a good swift kick or ten.

A good percentage of my CW's are millennials, but at least in my department they have a work ethic to rival mine (the other departments have enough slackers to cover for the rest, we're small and need to hustle). The company recently revised the handbook to address a few things (mainly the late/callout policies) that might cause some attrition from that group.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                              In my [mumble mumble] decades, and in reading a fair amount of history, it seems that every younger generation is the "absolute worst ever". The least responsible, the most vapid, the least interested in doing what is right, yadda yadda yadda.

It's almost enough to make me think that old fogies like me Just Don't Get It, and don't remember how idiotic they were as young people.
                              Emphasis is mine.

Yes, that definitely seems to be the case. In my case I've got photos of me awkwardly parading the contemporary style ... just in case I want/need a reminder of how idiotic I was.
                              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

1974, here -- Does that make me a Baby Buster (Who you gonna call?) ...? A Gen Y person? o_O;>

Comment

Working...
                                X