This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you even steal that?

I was stocking the shelves at the Store today when a Helpful Customer flagged me down and let me know she'd found an open, partially-consumed package on the shelf. This happens way too often - someone cracks open a soda, drinks half of it, and abandons it without paying for it. Sometimes it's a bag of chips, or some hot food from the deli. Sometimes our LP is able to bust them for it, and those moments are glorious.

This time, though, the product which the customer had taken the cap off of, opened up the inner seal, taken half of, and put back on the shelf, was an 8-ounce jar of garlic powder.

Why?

How do you wind up in a situation where you urgently need enough garlic powder to last you about five years, but you can't afford to spend sixty-eight cents on it? I don't even.

Dude was obviously scared of vampires.

Comment

Maybe the thief was using it to season that half pound of stolen hamburger meat they had hidden in their coat.

Comment

You misspelled Santa Clara.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          Farther north than that, I'm afraid. :P

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
            I think the correct spelling is Santa Carla.

Comment

Quoth Smapti View Post
              How do you wind up in a situation where you urgently need enough garlic powder to last you about five years, but you can't afford to spend sixty-eight cents on it? I don't even.
              I'm guessing it's for a prank on someone.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                I think the correct spelling is Santa Carla.
                One thing I could never stand is all the damm wrong spellings
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

We've had a bin bag stolen from the bins outside before, which is pretty pointless as whatever the rubbish was, they could have just shoved it in the bin rather than steal the bag.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

When I worked retail, we had the following stolen from us:

- A pack of condoms out of the box...they left the instructions behind. (My supervisor that night quipped to me that "if you're going to steal condoms, at least make sure you know how to use them!")
                    - A hot chicken wing from the deli.
                    - Not so much stolen, but someone decapitated a Lindt easter bunny and left the body for us to find.

There's a few more, but those are the ones that stick out right now.

Comment

A single chicken wing...? I'm not even sure I want to know.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Regarding the garlic, yeah, theither someone had an urgent vampire issue; or someone -else- is getting a -very- large surprise with their next round of snorted drugs...
                        Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                        They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

The latter actually sounds plausible around here...
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            A single chicken wing...? I'm not even sure I want to know.
                            We suspect that it was likely a diversion to hide the fact that the guy also apparently had some batteries stuffed in his pockets. Either way, whenever my store called for security, any male who was on the floor at the time would go chasing after the (usually a) guy

ETA: 90% of the time it ended up being a guy, because they'd inevitably steal something from the liquor section and bolt.
                            Last edited by LadyofArc; 01-03-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

OK dig this, my Dad got an 8 foot by 24 foot trailer load of chicken litter (chicken poo.) He got it in the late fall to spread on the garden for fertilizer so it would have time to compost before spring. Someone came in hooked to the trailer and took off with it. LEOs later found the trailer on the side of a country road without the chicken litter. Someone(s) literally stole a trailer load of chicken poo that they could have got for free just for asking the chicken farmer. Heck he's even deliver a few square yards just for the price of fuel.
                              Sad part this wasn't the first time someone stole poo from my Dad. Now days the wife get's several semi loads of mushroom compost to spread on our gardens and corn fields. Mushroom compost is just pasteurized horse poo.
                              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                              X