This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth crazylegs View Post
    Hmm, it's not paranoia, they really *are* out to get you!
    Best part is I'm only partially kidding. I've got my router's firewall, the building's firewall, a couple ISP firewalls, and that's before you even get out of the building.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Best part is I'm only partially kidding. I've got my router's firewall, the building's firewall, a couple ISP firewalls, and that's before you even get out of the building.
      Hey, GCHQ (UK equiv of NSA) needs *something* to do, they like a challenge!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        Hey, GCHQ (UK equiv of NSA) needs *something* to do, they like a challenge!
        Well then I'll sic CSIS on you.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
          I'm lonely and single and unloved... You stop with your heart breaking assumptions! *runs away to cry*
          I'm in the same boat, except for me it's more relief than anything. They say there's someone for everybody.

I'd join the grab-fest, but all my vacation got cashed in, Broom. You'll just have to suffer without me.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Getting back to the original topic......

I could understand where the woman was going if the conversation had gone more like this:

Guest: Dave, I want to order bikes

Dave: Ok how many bikes would you like?

Guest: I dont know, I am turning to you for advice

Dave: well I need to know how many bikes you want to place an order

Guest: We' dont know how many bikes we want because we have never been there before. We don't know the lay of the land. Some of us may want to ride bikes, some of us may not. We are hoping that you can give us some information about the place and the bikes and their abilities, so that we can make an informed decision as to who will need bikes and who will not. And then we'll know how many bikes we'll need.

Dave: Well, sure.

Dave then gives her the information, and she, knowing her group and their abilities, and now armed with information about the area and the bikes, decides on the number of bikes they need.

Instead she freaked out rather than explaining herself.

I think the OP was trying to help her out, but didn't understand exactly what she wanted, and rather than explain, she freaked out and jumped down his throat.

Her husband DID explain, somewhat, but was hostile and belligerent, causing the OP to stand his ground. If the HUSBAND had explained less belligerently, perhaps the couple would have left the interaction happier.

Then again, I have a tendency to overestimate the intelligence of the general population.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Then again, I have a tendency to overestimate the intelligence of the general population.
              I blame the copious amounts of drinking. Makes you keep forgetting how dumb people can get.

But I do agree, if they'd just either explained up front more clearly, or been less belligerant secondly, they could indeed have gotten what they wanted. Or moreso, they could just get a bike for each person in their group, and leave it up to the people to decide if they want one or not, and make each person pay for their bike (if payment is required).

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                I'm just lucky none of y'all live in my province, let alone my city. Then I'd really have to worry. So far EQ's threatened to get her passport, but that's about a "yellow" on the "run and hide" scale.
                I don't need a passport, I need a delivery to Alberta again
                I'm in Ontario and my dad drives transport truck, I've already been to Edmonton for three days, hanging out at The Mall, and the science centre, then off to Calgary for a night. And many points in between on to Vancouver
                Doubt you're hideous by the way, maybe just unseemly

As for Dave, I think she was having a bad day and had to 'medicate' herself but the liquor store ran out or closed before she got there.
                "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

.. .I /do/ live in the same province as BJ.... and there's only two major cities in this province too! So I have a 50/50 chance of being able to track him down I think.

Too bad I'm not looking for a Broomjockey.
                  Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post

Doubt you're hideous by the way, maybe just unseemly
                    Heh, thanks. But I'm definitely not unseemly. Probably the best to be said is "does not cause small children to run screaming."
                    Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                    So I have a 50/50 chance of being able to track him down I think.
                    With your knowledge of Calgary and Edmonton, you'd probably have the best shot at tracking me down if you really put your mind to it. Luck me you're not looking. This is almost getting into scavenger hunt territory. "Find the broomjockey, win $20."

Comment

OMG!!! I just snorted bourbon and coke out my nose!!!

That was so ridiculous!!! How hard did you laugh when you hung up? Or did you just spend an hour scratching your head?

again I have to say.. hahahahahhahahahahahahaaaaa!!
                      "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

How's this; I love ALL of you!

*hugs any random poster in reach*

Back On-Topic: I'd like to rent a bike. But I dunno how many I need. Oh, it's just me, but I dunno if I'll be walking or not.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

i'm assuming there hasn't been any lawyers beating down the doors to get to vsr yet
                          mostly cos... either the hubby realized they were being stupid
                          or all the lawyers they contacted died laughing

Comment

It's stories like these that make me sometimes wish I was a lawyer. So I can laugh at people.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Could you guys please stop calling her BJ? The initials are correct, but my guttermind has a macro that automatically sustitutes BJ for..... those other two words....
                              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

lol ... so i'm not the only one who has a pervy mind

Comment

Working...
                                X