This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    You! Outta my gutter! You're sucking up all the heat!
    Hey! You're sucking up all the oxygen . . . I needs some too.

To the OP: I think I can hook up your coworker on a date with one of my "regular" customers. She and "Munch" will get along great - he seems to think that Al Queda poisoned the peanut crop a couple of years ago (among other things.)

But let's try to keep this topic on SC's - hold the politics or take that part to Fratching please.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
      Revelations is actually a poem about what already happened. It's symbolic, not a prophecy.
      That makes two (TWO!) people I've heard that from. The other was in seminary...

Fleece is awesome. I've had this one sheet of fleece for about ten years, and it's still comfy & fabulous. It has been my towel, my blankie, my tent, and so much more... I think I should go away soon to compose a haiku...

The company should definitely have a limit on how much you can order in person before you have to pre-order. Even if they had to come back the next day or something, it wouldn't be as disruptive as standing there all cat-butt face...

Comment

Most of the people claiming Obama is the Antichrist base it on the "Left Behind" books written by fundamentalist minister Tim LeHaye, so they believe, since they're written by a minister, that whatever is said in them are the words of God. Yes, I know people who've read them.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          Most of the people claiming Obama is the Antichrist base it on the "Left Behind" books written by fundamentalist minister Tim LeHaye, so they believe, since they're written by a minister, that whatever is said in them are the words of God. Yes, I know people who've read them.
          God's word is the Bible and only the Bible. Always has been, always will be. End of story.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            ...there are many opinions on what constitutes sacred text. But I thought the "Left Behind" series was a work of fiction and advertised as such?

As far as the OP, wowie zowie. I'm not sure how I would have responded to that.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Hey, I've read the series and I knew then already (10 years ago or something) it was/is fiction. I have fundamentalist parents so I was kind of forced to read that kind of fiction then if I wanted to read fiction at all. Nowadays I read Eddings, Pratchett and such. And I'm nowhere near fundamentalism
              A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Let's keep this conversation to SC behavior and not delve into any theological discussions.

Want to discuss those? I highly recommend Fratching! for those topics. Althought I do enjoy a good discussion on religion as much as the next person, CS simply is not the forum for that.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled SC thread - minus religious debates.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                  My largest complaint was when the East Indian women (this is relevant, so bear with me) would come in and pile up about 20 odd bolts of our cheapest fabric and have me start cutting either 4 or 5 metre lengths of each one. It depended on the the width of the fabric. They were making their pants/shirt combos called something like pajamies out of the fabric. It would never fail too, I'd get through one stack and they'd come up with more!

Sales had to be the worst for it, especially when they'd move an expensive bolt of fabric to a table of the dirt cheap stuff and try to get the cheaper price. Um, bolts are labelled on the end of the cardboard shingle for a reason...ugh...
                  I have the same issue! They ONLY ever buy red tag clearence fabric! They make a huge mess of that section and everytime they buy something that is on sale they always ask, "So, this is on sale, right?" I don't mind the question, but after answering the same question for the 200th time, I'm a little sick of it. Not only that, but if there is a sign over it that says 50% off, feel free to believe what it's saying.

Although, they've never tried to be dishonest about it, so I'll give them that.
                  Check out my cosplay social group!
                  http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                    Most guys hate to shop, they want to get in, get the stuff, and get out. Not all, of course.
                    You've met my husband, I take it. He of the 'seek and destroy' method of mall shopping. Park at the mall door closest to the store that research has informed him has the product he wants. Make a beeline for that store, get the item, buy it, leave.

We rarely go shopping together. Not that I like shopping anyway, but sometimes I HAVE to spend a little time browsing and he's too freakin' impatient. It's not MY fault that women's pants don't have standard sizing like mens' do.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                      Are you serious?
                      My wife got an email from one of our vendors that was allllll about that. Dude got an earful for mass emailing an unsolicited piece of possibly offensive political commentary out (Not judging one way or another here, just sticking with the "don't discuss politics or religion at work" bit)

As for the first bit... you know, that really annoys me. Not that I do a bunch of charity work, but when I have done, I've done work

Comment

Working...
                      X