This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entitled much?

OK, so it was hella busy tonight... we got 15 rooms as distressed passengers that the airline is paying for and another about 10 who are using us for an extended layover, and another half dozen or so using us for park and fly. Oh and just for fun there's a training class for one of the airlines that we have to provide shuttle for. Do you get the idea that our shuttle is going to be really busy?
    Anyway, I have a sign up saying "sorry for the inconvenience, at this time the 5:30AM, 7:30AM and 8:00AM shuttles are full. Please schedule space on the remaining shuttles as soon as possible"
    All things considered I'd say we were doing pretty good for making space available (considering I've before seen it where we have 3 hours straight of full shuttles)
    Well I got this gem at about 11:45pm (the sign had been up sense 11:20)
    SC- I'd like space for 2 people at 8am on the shuttle.
    me- I'm sorry, but the 8am shuttle is already full, we have space still at either 7 or 8:30.
    SC- how can the shuttle be full?
    me- the shuttle can only hold 7 people at a time and it's been a very busy night.
    SC- well, that's just not fair to those of us arriving late, you should keep seats open for late arrival.
    me- I"m sorry, but other than offering the other times there's not much I can do.
    sc- fine, put me on the 8:30... I guess I'll have to eat the crappy breakfast here rather than using one of the restaurants at the airport.

yes... you read that right, he was upset because he would have to eat our continental breakfast rather than eat at a fast food place at the airport. that my friends is entitlement at it's finest. I have a right to a to have a seat magically appear on a van so I can eat crappy fast food at the airport. Anyone want to place bets that he still shows up at 8 and tries to get on the shuttle and try to force someone to stay behind?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

How can the shuttle be full??? urg It's like the "What do you mean you are booked up?"

My silent reaction, "Well, perhaps you can tell me how that could possibly be?"
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I hate most airline passengers, something about air travel makes the majority of them check in their brains with their luggage.

How dare you make him eat the breakfast! The audacity!
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I still can't get over how you "should" have kept spaces open on the shuttle for guests that may or may not arrive/need it. Oh the humanity.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

hey smiley

its his fault for not reading the sign in the first place and dont worry about it k!!! you couldn't do anything about it and if you did, forget about it k !!! well, gl with ur shift =) ttys ..........

Comment

Quoth azn_pyscho_007 View Post
            its his fault for not reading the sign in the first place and dont worry about it k!!! you couldn't do anything about it and if you did, forget about it k !!! well, gl with ur shift =) ttys ..........
            yes, that is his fault... I had an almost cursing out coworkers moment though when another guest told me what CRS is telling guests. Actually having worked in CRS I know it would actually be a moron in management that was the problem.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              Well I got this gem at about 11:45pm ...
              SC- well, that's just not fair to those of us arriving late, you should keep seats open for late arrival.
              "Well we do. But I couldn't give you the seats we kept, because there might be someone arriving later than you. Now, if you had arrived after 2am, then you could have had the seats, you have to arrive really late, you see."
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

In the words of my dear departed grandfather "What a meat head!"
                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Ah, the old 'you must keep some reserved' bit. I used to get that when I was handling room reservations here. People who call in at 6:00 PM on a Friday night during the busy season. And then they're surprised when we're fully booked. Or they do the old 'I know you keep some on hold' routine.

Yes, we do keep some on hold. Until people book them. And now they're full. Now shut up and go away!

Comment

"Oh, I'm sorry sir, when I said we were booked up, I simply meant that we were keeping some seats reserved for people who might show up after you. But like I said, the 8:30's open and you're entitled to it if you wish. "

Comment

Gerrison, (and don't any of you dare tell this to the SCs), my hotel actually does hold rooms out... granted, we don't start holding them until that day and we stop holding them at 11... it's part of our contract with Delta, they (or rather their travel agency) calls us at about 7 and asks us how many rooms we can commit to delta distressed passengers, and those rooms can only be used by the people with the magical slips of paper saying "delta distressed passenger"... so there is some truth to the "you guys keep rooms in reserve" urban legend (that said, even if this guy was that kind of SC, Delta knows after 11pm it's hit or miss, their rooms are back in general inventory now)

Comment

sc- fine, put me on the 8:30... I guess I'll have to eat the crappy breakfast here rather than using one of the restaurants at the airport.

yes... you read that right, he was upset because he would have to eat our continental breakfast rather than eat at a fast food place at the airport. that my friends is entitlement at it's finest.
                        I think I felt my brain twitch at that one. My mouth is still hanging open in surprise. Getting a free breakfast is an inconvenience compared to having to wait in a line and pay for it? This monkey actually prefers to buy his food and eat it in the busy terminal instead of getting food for free and enjoying it in a comfortable hotel? Whi.. ch.. uh.. Buh?

I won't be able to think properly for the next hour or so because of this guy, and yet, a small part of me can't help thinking that it must be nice to live in his world.
                        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                        - IPF

Comment

Gerrison, (and don't any of you dare tell this to the SCs), my hotel actually does hold rooms out... granted, we don't start holding them until that day and we stop holding them at 11... it's part of our contract with Delta, they (or rather their travel agency) calls us at about 7 and asks us how many rooms we can commit to delta distressed passengers, and those rooms can only be used by the people with the magical slips of paper saying "delta distressed passenger"... so there is some truth to the "you guys keep rooms in reserve" urban legend (that said, even if this guy was that kind of SC, Delta knows after 11pm it's hit or miss, their rooms are back in general inventory now)
                          YOU! Its your hotel who is evil!!! lol Yeah, tons of people claim we have rooms set aside even after 2am. Not here. We are far enough from the airport to not have a set up like that.
                          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Ew... airport food.

It's expensive and bad for you and generally overly sweet -- but the mango pineapple slushie I had for my last trip was delicious.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              Ew... airport food.

It's expensive and bad for you and generally overly sweet -- but the mango pineapple slushie I had for my last trip was delicious.
                              Hey now, the last airport I flew out of had a full Damon's inside. Nothing like a good steak or loaded nachos while waiting for your flight to be assigned a gate. And you can play trivia! Hooray!
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X