This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love it

I'm weird because this time of year nothing makes me happier then telling customers that we are closed on thanksgiving and the day after. They get so mad and theres nothing they can do about.My boss has told some them off before.They have the nerve to say...
    WELL WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IF I NEED TYLENOL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?????ONEELEVENTY!!!!!!!

I usually just smile real big and say well I guess you'll have to go to cvs or walmart. And that pisses them off.Why do they think we don't deserve time off,they have the damn day off.

Oh I'm the same way. We are closed exactly two holidays out of the year. Thanksgiving day and Christmas day (and we close 3 hours early on Christmas Eve). I looooove telling customers that we'll be closed. They get upset "What if I need something??" I shrug and smile. Oh it makes me happy.

One lady last December asked if we were open our normal hours on the 25th. I said "No, we'll be closed on the 25th. We'll also be closing at 4 instead of 7 on the 24th, so be sure to plan accordingly." She screamed "But I'm JEWISH!!!eleventy!!" and stormed off, leaving me bewildered and slightly amused.

Comment

That is the point at which I suggest they buy some now, so as not to be unprepared.

ZOMG11!!!1ELEVENTY!!!...That actually makes...SENSE!

I love it when the customer makes themselves look more like an idiot.

If you're in the store right now, and you believe there is a chance you might run out of an item you feel is a necessity of life, why wait until after you run out, possibly at an inopportune time (like a National Holiday, or the middle of the night) to replenish?

Ach aye, some peoples' children.
      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
        That is the point at which I suggest they buy some now, so as not to be unprepared.

ZOMG11!!!1ELEVENTY!!!...That actually makes...SENSE!

I love it when the customer makes themselves look more like an idiot.

If you're in the store right now, and you believe there is a chance you might run out of an item you feel is a necessity of life, why wait until after you run out, possibly at an inopportune time (like a National Holiday, or the middle of the night) to replenish?

And whats funnier is we are a candy shop no one needs candy.

Comment

wow if they act that bad they should try moving to a small town where everything (most everything) shuts down at around 7 or 8pm. oh nooo!

Comment

What the funniest thing of all is that we close for three weeks. The last two weeks of december and the first in january.Just one time I want to come and sit in the lobby and watch the idiots hit the door and yell.

Comment

Place I work is only closed ONE day a year--Christmas Day.

And people still complain about that, and that we aren't open until midnight. It's always something...
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

It really gets me that people think that stores and the like should be open on Holidays. It wasn't that long ago (less than 20 years) that storeds closed for christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, and even on Sundays for some of them. There was no such thing where I grew up as a 24 hours grocery store.

Comment

As I've said before, my store is giving away free pumpkin pies to the first 200 customers making a $25 purchase on Thanksgiving Day.

Thanksgiving a national holiday? Pish tosh. It's just the Day Before Black Friday. Get a jump on your holiday shopping!

The only day my store is closed is Christmas Day, and still think the day isn't far off when we're open that day.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post

100% agreement! It just makes no sense to me that they'll stand there and whine that they might run out of XYZ on the one day out of the year you're closed, but they won't just buy it now just in case.

Also, I love that saying "some peoples' children"

Comment

"What if I need something!?"

Good thing these people weren't born 100 years ago. You know, before everything was available all the time. Back then, I'm assuming people shut the hell up and dealt with things.
                      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I wish I was closed the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not looking forward to Black Friday.

Comment

Aww..where I work NEVER closes (hospital)!! How dare people get sick on national holidays?!?! /sarcasm..

I dont mind working the holidays as long as Im not stuck on the same holidays allll the time....and Id rather work the summer ones and have the winter ones off.

We're supposed to have 2 holidays to work a year (one summer and one winter) and they rotate every year. I like how I somehow, magically, ended up with an 11p - 7a christmas shift for THREE G*DDAMN YEARS IN A ROW!!! and this was when my son was just a lil piglet so christmas was "fun"...bastards.

I enjoy my job, but I wish sometime I had picked something like teaching or somewhere that has extended vacation...

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
                          I wish I was closed the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not looking forward to Black Friday.
                          I used to work at Sears...and my first black friday....OMG it still gives me nitemares.....
                          Last edited by Broomjockey; 11-13-2008, 05:27 PM. Reason: merged

Comment

I love people who yell and scream that we're closed on *gasp* Public Holidays! (In Australia, we have Australia Day, the Easter long weekend, ANZAC Day, Adelaide Cup Day, Labour Day, Queens Birthday, Christmas and New Years Day) And what's funnier is reading all the snarky letters in the paper about how we should have stores open on public holidays because other cities do. Seriously....we're a small backwater city (according to some people) we don't need to have the stores open on public holidays.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Belari View Post
                              She screamed "But I'm JEWISH!!!eleventy!!" and stormed off, leaving me bewildered and slightly amused.
                              Not excusing her behaviour, but to play Devil's Advocate for a moment....she does have a little bit of a point. Not everyone is Christian and celebrates those holidays. (I get weird looks sometimes when I ask for, say, Samhain or Yule off.) I'm just sayin'....

Quoth Belari View Post
                              Also, I love that saying "some peoples' children"
                              I got introduced to it as "other peoples' children". Never fails to get a smile out of the poor sap that has the misfortune to wind up behind the schmuck pitching a fit!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X