Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, I don't care if the cop gives you a ticket.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I don't care if the cop gives you a ticket.

When I first started working at Wal-Mart, I worked the garden center. We have a small set of cash registers near the sliding doors leading out into the big green house area with the plants and display grills and stuff. I was cashier at least three days a week, so I got my share of idiots, scammers, smellies, entitlement-whores, and the like. My favorite of all time, however, was this woman who would park in the fire lane right outside the greenhouse doors.

Now, those of you who familiar with Wal-Mart know that you can use our gift cards at the Murphy's gas stations that are usually in our parking lots. You get a 3 cent per gallon discount, so a lot of people run into the garden center, load a card, and leave.

This woman would always appear when I had a long line of people. She would come in, cut in front of the person at the front of the line (who I would be in the process of ringing up), and start the following conversation:

Please note that after SC's first line, I'm not looking at her, I'm trying to pay attention to the person I was originally helping.

SC: *holds out giftcard* "Hi, could you please fill this up for me real quick, I'm parked in the fire lane."
    Me: "I'm sorry, but I'm in the middle of this guy's/lady's transaction, you'll need to go to the back of the line."
    SC: "But I'm parked in the fire lane, I could get a ticket if a cop drives by."
    Me: "Ma'am, there really isn't anything I can do about that, you've parked somewhere that isn't an actual parking spot."
    SC: *whines* "But it'll only take a second, can I please be next?"
    Me: "No, I'm sorry, that would be inconsiderate to the people who have been in line longer."
    SC: "Well, what if I got your manager?"
    Me: "They would say the same thing. I'd suggest parking your car in the actual parking lot, then coming back."

Really. It's not my fault if you get a ticket for parking in a fire lane, even in your fantasy world.

I would have loved to here that conversation. "Fire that cashier, they wouldn't let me cut the line!"

Comment

Am I the only one thinking "Where's a fire truck when you need one?"

Oh yeah . . . they're parked outside the Litter Box, doing their grocery shopping . . .
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Am I the only one thinking "Where's a fire truck when you need one?"

Oh yeah . . . they're parked outside the Litter Box, doing their grocery shopping . . .
        Or answering yet another false alarm at my apartment complex. At 2 am.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Next time she tells you to take her next because she's parked in the fire lane, say "Ma'am, you shouldn't park there, it's illegal, a hazard and you will be ticketed/towed". Suddenly a light will go off, she'll realize it is indeed illegal and will go move her car then return and patiently wait in line because she is no longer in the fire lane.

C'mon, I can dream can't I?
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

We had a SC who parked in the fire lane, did their weekly shopping and while shopping got ticked. They called back and asked the MOD if we would pay ther ticket. The MOD said no. The SC called corp., who gave the SC a gift cardbecause they said the MOD did not handle i correctly. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              We had a SC who parked in the fire lane, did their weekly shopping and while shopping got ticked. They called back and asked the MOD if we would pay ther ticket. The MOD said no. The SC called corp., who gave the SC a gift cardbecause they said the MOD did not handle i correctly. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
              What was the MOD supposed to do, then?
              EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
              ~-~
              Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

She's lucky the person she was trying to cut in front of didn't wallop her or something.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                  WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT!!!!!! Any other words would lead to as much epic failure as corp. showed. Did the Cubs win the World Series or something?!? My brain hurts! I think its woodchipper time, I'll get it started!
                  I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

when I worked at Walmart, I would always see that. We had cops that would come driving on by, and each time. They got a ticket
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I would have reported her parking violation. A quick call to the Sheriff's Office. Since the economy is bad, I am sure your county would appreciate the extra revenue

Comment

at wal mart you'd get in trouble for that MrSunshineState. only salaried managers can call the cops, there were too many calls to wal mart and some PDs started whining

as a wal mart cart pusher I saw lots of people parked in the fire lane, we just had the CSMs page them

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                          I would have reported her parking violation. A quick call to the Sheriff's Office. Since the economy is bad, I am sure your county would appreciate the extra revenue
                          Quoth nomorecarts View Post
                          at wal mart you'd get in trouble for that MrSunshineState. only salaried managers can call the cops, there were too many calls to wal mart and some PDs started whining

as a wal mart cart pusher I saw lots of people parked in the fire lane, we just had the CSMs page them
                          See, you start a tow truck business. Then, when business is slow, you cruise the WM parking lot, make a few quick phone calls, and voila! business picks up.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                            You what?

A customer receives a traffic ticket while shopping, then the company pays is? Where does this end, I know I'll drive at 150mph to the store 3 minutes before it closes, I don't need to worry about the ticket at Big Box company will pay it...?

Tossers.
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

That was one of the things I liked about the cinemas I worked at. We were literally right next door to the local fire station (they'd join our fire drill for practice lots of times), and those guys had absolutely no problem pushing away/running over any car parked in the way. And as far as I know, corp never rolled over for whiners.

Edited b/c I can't spell today. :blush:
                              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                              X