Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My days as a 7-Eleven lacke- eh, employee.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My days as a 7-Eleven lacke- eh, employee.

As with most Customer Service jobs, most of the patrons were... I'll say just "mannered" (considering, that particular area is full of crappy apartments and crack addicts...). But often we got the people that would blame me for the price of their beloved nicotine sticks, or why we didn't carry a different brand of feminine hygiene products. The latter being one of my favorite subjects, that I, being a male, have a lot of knowledge about (insert voice with scathing sarcasm). Two of the people that asked me about tampons were males themselves, and felt the need to tell me: "Oh. They're not for me. Hahaha!" And if by some chance they're reading this, PLEASE KILL YOURSELF!

During my enslav- eh, employment, I was lucky enough to to witness the stranger/drunker side to the human beast.

This 7-Eleven is located right next to a sports bar, and the manager had me work graveyard (10pm-6am) on Fridays. Last call was at 2am. Everyone there proceeded to come across the street to satisfy there munches... or maybe put on a show for the only employee there.

Birthday Girl: It's was almost 1:30am, I was just finishing up a transaction, when the door opened, and in walked a girl. She apparently had a birthday...
    BG (with one stiletto unbuckled and half off, enter scene, right.
    Myself: Hi, How are you tonight.
    BG: (In drunken slur) "Iii'mm thuh burththdah guurl.....uhhh."
    Myself: "Happy bir-"
    BG: (Interrupts by falling face first into the beef jerky and chips shelf) Aah! Ugh, Ow.
    Myself: (Snaps out of confused daze) "Are you okay?"
    BG: "Ooow..." (Gets up and steadily moves towards the bathroom)
    Customer: "Do you think she's okay?"
    Myself: "Well, she's not unconscious."
    Customer: "Good luck, man."
    Myself: "Thanks. Have a good night."
    Customer: (Exit stage right)
    3 minutes later
    Hobo Friend, Dan: (Enter stage right): "Is that girl okay?"
    Myself: "I don't know, I'm not sure I want check."
    HF,D: "I'll watch the store a couple minutes if you want 'check' on her. (Sing Song) She's drunk. Hmm?"
    Myself: "No thanks, I like mine sober."
    5 minutes of mindless banter (Yeah, it sounds like a sitcom...)
    BG's Friend: "Did you see a girl in a leopard print dress come in here? She's wasted?"
    Myself: "Yeah, she's in the bathroom."
    BGF: "Thanks for not calling the cops." (Knocks on bathroom door) "HEY! ARE YOU OKAY?!" (Enters bathroom).
    HF,D: "You forgot about her didn't you?"
    Myself: "Yeah..."
    HF,D: "Don't worry, I would've reminded you to call the cops."
    Myself: "Dude..."
    HF,D: "Hey, I have to piss, and she's passed out in there."
    BGF: (Exits bathroom with BG draped over shoulder) "I'm really sorry, she said she needed the bathroom and we couldn't find her."
    Myself: "It's alright. Her shoe's half off by the way.'
    BGF: "Oh! thanks, bye." (Exit stage right)
    HF,D: "I can look up the detox van's number for ya."
    Myself: (laughing) "Man, I thought you needed to piss."
    HF,D: "Yep." (Enters bathroom)
    Fin

I'll continue this later.
    (Former) 7-Eleven CSR & (Current) Pizza Hut Delivery Driver.
    "That was more than I needed to see/hear/know/think about/repeat."

GAH!!!, I spent over 12 years dealing with crap exactly like that. Glad to see a fellow (former) inmate from 7-11 here.
    Welcome, and rule #1 is; no drinking while reading these messages, your monitor will thank you..
    And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

This type of thing is the reason I'm glad the store I used to work at served customers through a drawer and had the doors locked after 10pm, the drunks stay outside!

Though, we did have a lot of people climb up behind the building to do their business, if they happened to mention where they were going, I'd just warn them that the rats back there bite.

I had a few people ask for toilet paper to use too, how about a big no? :P Me and a coworker discussed the merits of installing electrified mesh on the ground back there.

And to think, this is a job I miss. *shakes head*
      “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X