Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent my last shift eating anything and everything I wanted, getting insulted (more or less in a friendly bantering fashion) by the shift manager, and I got to leave early.

Fun times.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
      To start off, you know it's bad when even the contractors say to employees that the place should be closed while the work is being done.
      In my experience as a sub contractor at a lot of building sites, the contractors and subs always say that. It's as much of a pain in the ass to work around the general public as it is for the general public to carry on working around us.

Factories are the worst. Industrial, construction and commercial all have different health and safety rules and different occupational health and safety acts. The ones in the construction always trump the commercials, the construction ones are more specific and more stringent. The construction and industrial ones however, flat contradict each other in a few places, and there are just overall more differences. The areas being worked on currently are under the construction rules, the areas that are still being used for manufacturing are under industrial rules and the areas with both happening are ... under both? Even the ones that contradict each other. Unless whole buildings are entirely under construction working at factories is absolutely the worst, for employees on both sides.
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
      X