This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Smapti View Post
    The guy he replaced is now the regional VP. About half a dozen of the assistant managers/supervisors we've had have gone on to be GMs elsewhere. The company even sends us a lot of the manager candidates in the region to train for AM.
    Does this mean you have that vanishingly rare beast, an almost competent corporate office? I thought they were extinct!
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
      (I was informed that they were called 'racks')
      Screw that. 'Xylophone' sounds so much better!

Really, if she thought I was so incompetent why did she always come through my line?
      Simple. It gives her something to bitch about. That's why she's there in the first place.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Screw that. 'Xylophone' sounds so much better!
        And yet if you try using a rack as a xylophone, it invariably ends up with her slapping you
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Nobody best by hammerin' my rack, dammit!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            And yet if you try using a rack as a xylophone, it invariably ends up with her slapping you
            Incorrect RWX permissions, dude.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Shame you didn't get to hang around and hear the interaction between your awesome GM and the SC ...

At my favourite restaurant a couple of weeks ago, I got the bill -- and it was obvious the machine was running low on ink (or something): the bill looked like it was $0.87. Even a cup of coffee at this place isn't that cheap! I pointed it out to the server and we both had a good laugh over it, and I paid the correct price ... because I'm not a brain-dead Entitlement Whore.

Also because I want to be allowed to eat there again.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Just once I would like one of these idiots to cite the EXACT WORDING of the supposed "law", chapter & verse from the municipal code or wherever such things - when they exist - are listed. None of them would ever be able to do it.

Also, another case of "no" equals "rude."
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Just once I would like one of these idiots to cite the EXACT WORDING of the supposed "law", chapter & verse from the municipal code or wherever such things - when they exist - are listed.
                  I'd be tempted to ask to see their law degree.
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I've challenged "it's the law" customers before, the response is "YOU'RE RUDE! GET SOMEONE HERE NAOW THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!!"
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                      Does this mean you have that vanishingly rare beast, an almost competent corporate office? I thought they were extinct!
                      One of the advantages of working for an employee-owned company is that the profits get invested right back into us and the business instead of going into the pockets of some investor who didn't do anything. (My healthcare costs about 10% of what it did at my last job for the same level of coverage, and I've got a pension that should pay out better than my 401k.)

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        I'd be tempted to ask to see their law degree.
                        Would their business card suffice?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm glad the GM stood his ground against the stupid SC. Sometimes my GM would just give the SC whatever they wanted after I spent all night getting harassed by them arguing over it. I guess so we don't get a negative review, and corp won't breathe fire at us...but still!
                          Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                          The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                            Shame you didn't get to hang around and hear the interaction between your awesome GM and the SC ...
                            Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Bonus points if smapti can strike the proper stance...
                            "Boss, I need to know what to do the next time someone wants an entire xylo ... I mean, rack of ribs for three cents!"

I'd also be very suspicious of how the price tag got to be that way. I know that our local police are suspicious when they find alcohol swabs (and certain kinds of pens, depending on the retailer) on someone who doesn't have a good reason to have those things. ... And I would think a printer in a store's butcher area would use ink that's resistant to smearing from a little meat juice.

Comment

Working...
                            X