This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Captain Neon View Post
    His response when we told him we wouldn't do it: "Why do you sell batteries if you won't install them?"
    This guy better not enter a fabric store... "Why do you sell fabric if you won't sew for me!" People have been very pushy lately about making me do their project for them, and I'm getting pretty tired of it. Today a lady make me cut like five different cuts of the same bolt. I said "oh, do you not have a way to cut this at home?" And she gave me cat-butt-face and said "you cut it straighter here, and then all I have to do is go home and cut the fringe." This is not the purpose of a fabric store. We sell you fabric and YOU do the project.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I think these same fools wouldn't bat an eye at asking the cashier at a grocery store to bake and decorate a cake just because SC bought most of the ingredients to do the job.

Comment

Quoth Captain Neon View Post
        I think these same fools wouldn't bat an eye at asking the cashier at a grocery store to bake and decorate a cake just because SC bought most of the ingredients to do the job.
        Annnnnnd that's when you point at the bakery/clothing store/car dealership and say in the most fake-cheerful voice you can manage: "What you are looking for is right over there!"

Unfortunately, the customer in the OP might as well be asking for a 9-foot goat with fiberoptic fur that poops edamame and trance CDs. It just doesn't exist, at least not in this world.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
          What I would have gotten fired for is answering "Why are you buying a battery in a DIY place if you won't install it?"
          Of course I have a feeling that the customer was a cheap bastard

But seriously, I've installed batteries in several of my cars. It's not that hard. Pain in the ass on the MG, since the rear seat has to come out...and if you forget the strap, there's no way in hell you're getting it back out of the bin. At least not without dropping it on your finger at least once

But seriously, I remember seeing similar twits at the hobby shop. They'd buy a kit, and then get pissy when they open the box...and find it filled with nothing but raw plastic castings that have to be cleaned up, assembled, and painted. Really? You're buying a kit because it's cheaper. You want a finished model, the diecasts are in the other room.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            "you cut it straighter here, and then all I have to do is go home and cut the fringe." This is not the purpose of a fabric store. We sell you fabric and YOU do the project.
            Another excellent argument in favor of establishing minimum charges for cut fabric. E.g. half a yard or one yard - PER CUT - even if less than that amount has been cut.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Of course I have a feeling that the customer was a cheap bastard
              Actually had someone demand that we change out her spark plugs in the parking lot. Your $25 purchase does not entitle you to an hour's labour. We don't change them, and she threw a fit. She screamed, "I have never been made to feel so stupid in my whole life!"

Charmed life, eh, princess? I wouldn't change the spark plugs on someone's MoPar L6 much less a Chevy HHR. She almost left her approx. 3 y/o kid behind when she stormed out.

Her husband came in later to buy another set not knowing his wife had been in earlier. A couple hours later he came back, presumably after changing the spark plugs, to return the set his wife bought before. Not a word about his wife's hissy fit from him or me, but he did have that "I'm sorry I sent her down here" look.

Comment

Actually had someone demand that we change out her spark plugs in the parking lot. Your $25 purchase does not entitle you to an hour's labour. We don't change them, and she threw a fit. She screamed, "I have never been made to feel so stupid in my whole life!"
                I would have been so tempted to say, "You don't get out much, do you?"
                Last edited by EricKei; 02-17-2017, 10:13 AM. Reason: added QUOTE tags

Comment

Working...
                X