This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, it's happening.

So I didn't want to stick this in the regular forum since it's basically just news and me laughing. Annnnyway, in about a month a competing fabric and craft store will open in my town. For the past few decades this town has only had one large fabric store. It was several now defunct stores before it was bought by the current national chain that everyone loves to hate. The closest big fabric store was 30 minutes down the highway. We are a border town, and even when the economy was very bad my store was always super busy due to our Neighbors to the North.

Now we're getting a craft store with the rhyming name. They opened one in the town down south and people really like it. I'm basically laughing my head off because I'm NOT working at the fabric store, so I DON'T HAVE TO CARE. I don't have any loyalty to my old work, though I hope none of my old coworkers that I like are negatively affected. The new store is in a convenient location for me, too. It has much better parking than my old work, and is generally in a better spot, with several other new stores in the same building. (three stores took over a converted old Costco)

My old store is going to have to get corporate to let them schedule more employees to get the store clean, and help customers or they will be in serious trouble. I know that corporate will likely just tell them to make it happen on the hours already provided, but that will. not. work. It's possible that it might limp along like the other big store that I keep thinking will close (K-mart) but just get sadder and sadder. Some people in my town might not shop at the Rhyming store because of it's history of *blah blah controversy whatever* but I don't think that will stop the majority of shoppers. I know I don't really care. If there's development more relevant to the main forum I'll post updates but otherwise, HAHA.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.
Working...
X