This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deadpool

Saw it last night with the SO. Loved it. SO glad that they cut down on the nightmare fuel...the scene from the last film where Wade was getting tortured was downright painful to watch .

The soundtrack was the killer though - there's one point where everyone's fighting Juggernaut (sadly no "I'm the juggernaut, bitch!" line ) and the song in the background? An ominous latin choir chanting "You can't stop the motherfucker" followed closely by "holy shitballs! Holy shitballs!"

Also loved the giant f*cking paradox at the end.

And I also blame Marvel for making me wait for stingers at the end - we got to the very end of the credits and nothing except for a line about the number of jobs appears, then black. At this point everyone let out a disappointed "awww"

I loved the "use" of X-Force in this movie.

Shame that was all we got of Terry Crews, though.

That said, if this frees Terry up to play Barracuda in a future season of Netflix's Punisher, I'm fine with it.

Also, give PETER his own movie, please.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
      An ominous latin choir chanting "You can't stop the motherfucker" followed closely by "holy shitballs! Holy shitballs!"

Also loved the giant f*cking paradox at the end.
      Imagine being in the choir and seeing the sheet music for the first time. "We have to sing WHAT?????"

And the director did say Wade's initial use of the device was canon. Yay!
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

Also, give PETER his own movie, please.
        Hell yes

I actually thought he was a good example of Colossus's "Four or five moments" speech from the last film - about how you don't have to be a hero ALL the time.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        Imagine being in the choir and seeing the sheet music for the first time. "We have to sing WHAT?????"
        I have a feeling those who were singing "Spider Pig" from the Simpsons movie had the same reaction. Even better, apparently Hans Zimmer did that bit for shits and giggles and it got used in the film, so he had to re-dub it in a bunch of foreign languages.

I can only imagine trying to do that for this song...

Comment

Working...
        X