X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Thundercats series coming 2019

https://www.newsarama.com/40002-thun...work-show.html

This looks soooo much like Steven Universe.

Yeah, it does O_O

On the one hand...it could be another Teen Titans Go or modern PPG. On the other hand...they already tried to make a modernized, more serious TC, and failed miserably (in part because of the good guys' society being horribly racist against anyone but the ruling species).

Hrm. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      On the other hand...they already tried to make a modernized, more serious TC, and failed miserably (in part because of the good guys' society being horribly racist against anyone but the ruling species).
      True, but one of the things I liked about that series was the Lion-O character trying to rectify the sins of the past to have all of the species come together to fight a greater evil. I wish they didn't quit on it after 1 season; It had a great animation style and voice cast. Maybe with all of the series coming back (Samurai Jack, Young Justice) this version could at least be able to finish its storyline?

This upcoming version, if it's done with the original's show elements with the occasional comedy, like Justice League Action, it could be good...or it could be another TTG copy. We'll see.

Comment

Oh no, oh please no.. don't do that to thundercats...
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

RichS - Agreed. It did, however, put a bad taste into one's mouth. TBH, for me, it made it harder to see their people as the good guys, no matter how well-intentioned Lion-O may have been.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            TBH, for me, it made it harder to see their people as the good guys, no matter how well-intentioned Lion-O may have been.
            I totally agree with that.

Comment

For nostalgia and your viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAXq0LHNvqo
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Yeah, uhm, taking an old show with wonderful art and turning it into... that... Please no.

Comment

TS -- In opposite news, rumor has it that they're bringing back/possibly continuing Teen Titans. Not TT Go!, but Teen Titans. *crosses fingers*

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                    For nostalgia and your viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAXq0LHNvqo
                    Did Toei do any animation on this series? That opening has a serious Toei vibe.

Comment

dendawg- Not unless it was under a different name. Anime News Network sez:

Animation:
                      AIC (uncredited)
                      Anime R (uncredited)
                      HANHO (uncredited)
                      Hong Ying Animation (uncredited)
                      Wang Film Productions (uncredited)

Animation Production: Pacific Animation Corporation

To the best of my knowledge, the intro was done by a Korean group (presumably Hong Ying or Wang Film). The rest of the show itself was animated primarily in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                      X