This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    Worse, stocking during store hours in a store where there aren't nearly enough handhelds to go around, the stocking crew always has to give theirs to the cutting counter people. Today, I had finished stocking everything on my big u-boat cart except for quilting squares and jewelry, and they demanded I give up my handheld. There is no way I can stock jewelry without a handheld. I am severely nearsighted; very strong multi-focal lenses and I still can't read the painfully tiny print on the labels at the very back of the hooks, especially when the blamed things are overlapping.
    No one can stock jewelry without a handheld, it's a huge waste of time. Actually our handhelds have been so slow the past couple days that the person assigned to jewelry gave up, because it took so long to get the location of one item. It's pathetic. Even in the office, the managers are having a hard time posting DU (write-offs) logs, and accomplishing other basic daily tasks.

As for seeing a hugely over-crowded craft store, I have some pics, I'm cropping them to attempt to keep some anonymity, then I'll start a new thread. They're basically just walls of boxes. If anyone really has a terrible curiosity, find out what day your local fabric shop gets their shipments, then shop on that morning. That's usually when the store looks the worst, at least at our location.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

They keep asking us to do more and more, and taking away our tools and help
      Don't you remember one of the most legendary corporate BS "encouragement" phrases of all time? "Work smarter, not harder!" ...

XC...Put the chainsaw down, XC.... Oh, shit- >_>

NAR - Feel free to drop a link in here once you do, if ye like.

Up to you on the anonymity part, tho it's probably wise. We don't forbid users from outing their own place of work; we just don't recommend it, is all This site has been around for something like twenty years now, in one form or another, and the big corp's are very much aware of our existence. What you tell others on this matter in a private message is your own business (pun very much intended). Outing another user (publicly or privately), is of course, still verboten.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        NAR - Feel free to drop a link in here once you do, if ye like.

Up to you on the anonymity part, tho it's probably wise. We don't forbid users from outing their own place of work; we just don't recommend it, is all This site has been around for something like twenty years now, in one form or another, and the big corp's are very much aware of our existence. What you tell others on this matter in a private message is your own business (pun very much intended). Outing another user (publicly or privately), is of course, still verboten.
        Yeah, I just allude to where I work, but not say it outright. I've even read through corporate policy about posting online, and as long as I'm not specific I should be safe. (plus there are like 50 employees at my location alone, good luck figuring out which one I am) When I feel motivated, I'm just going to make sure the pics of the boxes don't have the store name and/or number visible, that's all.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          XC...Put the chainsaw down, XC.... Oh, shit- >_>
          It's not a chainsaw, it's a flame thrower!

Now to go after that stock room...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Today's Retail seems appropriate for this thread...
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-06-2016, 02:08 PM.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X