X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing...

Trying to follow your instructions.

Basically the U of Purrs where I work is a hotbed of constructions. Usually they do a decent job of directing traffic around whatever is being done. My carpool buddy, Polarcat, works on the main campus while I work on the medical campus. They are connected by a side road. I go straight into the parking structure (which is a misnomer if you are a staffcat since you are lucky to find a spot even though you pay a heft bit of catnip for your pass but I digress) make a left and pull out of the side entrance and Polarcat hops out. I go left, left, and straight through the original intersection to the side road.

There is a lot of construction on that road. The sun is a bit bright going this direction BTW. Anyway I turn before the rest of the traffic and go down the road luckily the dudes don't seem to be out directing traffic so I don't have to slow down. Then all of a sudden in a bit of shadow reflective orange and yellow annnnnd stop. Oh hey look there is a hand up to signal stop. Good thing that guy had his reflective vest on cuz that hand is not all that visible. Just beyond him on the other side of the road (close to the intersection where I turn right) is his compatriot holding a sign with the stop pointed towards me. Okay cool.

I wait and then the dude with the sign turns the slow side toward me and the dude with the hand starts to lower said hand. I begin to go and they change their mind so I stop. I hear the dude with the hand say "Hey! What are you doing?" My first thought was trying to follow your instructions. The dude with the sign stopped the truck mid turn to let me go so I was out of the way. Not my fault you don't have your shit together.
Working...
X